stock textured grip?

ukenout

I was wondering how to make my forearm and grip area of my stock more grippable? I thought of adding some kind of bedliner material but also adding some course sand into the mix to give it more texture. Anyone have any experience with this?

well here are some thoughts

I used undercoat for trucks on the butt of my M1A but it pealed off after a few months after that I got some role on bed liner for the local auto parts store and some rocks from my wifes fish tank (dont tell). I rolled the stuff on the butt and sprinkled the rocks over the top. Then I used some black Krylon to paint the rocks it worked great for keeping the butt in my shoulder during rapid fire.

Another option would be heat stippling but I would use caution in doing this as I dont know what the B&C stock is made from. I did it on my Glock frame and the old stock that came with my savage but it was plastic.

You can thin down a little epoxy then apply it to the desired area using a sponge... I've never done it, but I've seen a few that were done in this manner and it worked pretty well.

Shooting times had an article in the last year or so that talked about stippling(sp?) a wood stock with a common nail. The picture they showed in the magazine looked really nice. They used a checkering tool to make a nice defined border. I bet this would work well on a plastic stock as well.

Hi guys, brand new here. I've seen this question asked and answered on a tactical forum. I hope it's OK to post a link to that thread. The way it's done is with stock bedding material stipled with a plastic bag and then the shap edged sanded off. It works extremely well.

Here is the link:

sniper central forums

i have used krylon's stone paint. it goes on a bit big but you can knock it down to your tastes before it completely hardens. works real well and goes on fast... just hit it with color of choice and your done....

woofer

i have used krylon's stone paint. it goes on a bit big but you can knock it down to your tastes before it completely hardens. works real well and goes on fast... just hit it with color of choice and your done....

woofer

I painted my whole stock with the Plastikote stone paint. It's just the right amount of texture without grating your skin off. I liked the color so i topped it off with a poly clear coat.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.