Stock Options for Remington Long Action Sendero SFII

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Hinterland, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Hinterland

Hinterland Well-Known Member

Just purchased a lightly used Remington Sendero SF II in .264 Win Mag. Low round count but it came from Texas and has a professional Texas Brush Country Camo job on it. For the hills and prairies of South Dakota it just won't do. I was going to get it duracoated but then thought there may be other neat options out there. I bought this rifle more for a field gun so I wouldn't mind looking at some lighter options as well. I don't mind humping around an 11 pound gun but if there are quality options out there to avoid it, I wouldn't complain. Thank you all in advance for your input.

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Post up some current pics of the gun with the custom painted stock...

3. Hinterland

As you commanded, I only have the pictures I received from the seller as the rifle hasn't made it to my FFL yet.

Here are those pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MudRunner2005

Wow..........Just...Wow............That's all I got to say.

I was interested in buying it if it was still black/gray web, but I don't think I'll be able to work with that one...LOL

I can't blame you one bit for swapping stocks. Good luck on your endeavor.

5. Hinterland

Yeah, that was my reaction too. I would almost call it gaudy. Then again, I've never hunted Texas. Price was right even with having to repaint/replace the stock so I couldn't pass it up.

6. MudRunner2005

Well, I changed the first part of my original post.....Figured it was nicer the way I left it. LOL

But yeah, it almost looks cartoon-ish. If they had gone with a more natural or realistic pattern it wouldn't be so bad.

7. 375fan

375fan Well-Known Member

That stock is a little bright and gaudy for my taste.I'd have a can of spray paint in my hand when I picked it up. :D Oh heck, as long as the rifle shoots good is what really matters, looks aren't everything.:rolleyes:

8. MudRunner2005

It's a Sendero SFII.... Of course it shoots good! That's why his main concern is the stock. LOL

9. BearDog

BearDog Well-Known Member

I put the McMillan Game Scout on my Sendero. I want to say it is about a 10lb set up, and I really love the classic style forend instead of the wide one on the Sendero stocks. Plus the palm swell on those HS stocks is a little aggressive for my taste.

10. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

If you're like most of us and don't like the palm swell you could look around the classifieds and find a Sendero take off stock from the earlier models that didn't have the palm swell. You can usually find one that is nearly new for around $250.

11. Ludicrous

Ludicrous Well-Known Member

I had some Zubaz muscle pants in 1988 that looked like your stock...

12. MudRunner2005

This is funny as hell!!! :D

And I agree that an old Sendero stock is the way to go. I don't care for the palmswell on the new ones either. Which is why I don't like the stock on my 5R .308....Palmswell and the crappy X-Mark trigger is the only things I'd change.