Stock inletting service?

mcmillan gave a price to inlet the stock on the LRI spec sheet that was several hundred dollars? it may be one thing to have McMillan inlet one for which they have the cnc programs and the jigs already on hand compared to a one off in which it might be totally hand done on a mill. if LRI pillar glass beds for 250 their inletting is 500. I don't know LRI's prices to pillar glass bed.

mcmillan gave a price to inlet the stock on the LRI spec sheet that was several hundred dollars? it may be one thing to have McMillan inlet one for which they have the cnc programs and the jigs already on hand compared to a one off in which it might be totally hand done on a mill. if LRI pillar glass beds for 250 their inletting is 500. I don't know LRI's prices to pillar glass bed.
LRI will not pillar bed a stock unless they also inlet it.

They charge $750 to pillar bed and that includes inletting the stock.

If you send them one that is already inletted they will fill it and re-inlet it. That costs more.

Last edited:
If I were you I'd call LRI and talk to them. They're good people and do great work. I haven't had them inlet a stock for me, but have had them chamber a few barrels for me. Per their website they'll inlet your flat top and install their pillars for $375. It's $750 for a complete bedding job (Inlet, pillars, bedding).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.