Stock inletting service?

grouse

Got a good deal on a flat top stock. Anyone have a good source for inletting a tikka? I know LRI will do it for 375.

o know there are a lot of companies that do Wood stock inletting. It can't be that different.

Depends on the flat top, Tikkas have some troubles correctly fitting into many stocks so you need to make sure its one that works with the Tikka normally.
Typically the cheapest is the manufacture, MCR or LRI are solid options.

Nope a McMillan, got a written estimate for a buddy on an A5 Supermag over a year back. Called them last month about another stock, several hundred dollars worth.
You sure they weren't just opening up an existing inlet?

Bravo, no I had bought the m40 uninletted planning to make a mold off of it but never did and sent it back to be inletted for a 700 with an m40 taper Broughten barrel in 3006. thinking about it today the price was the difference in price of a inletted vs non inletted stock.

I see the HTG is 638 now. must have had price increases since I picked up mine. web site has changed and I cant see the price of an uninletted stock.

Here is part of a spec sheet. Keep in mind it is a bigger action/stock than normal.

Attachments

• 3904F5BF-8429-4A5F-9A05-0357E506995E.png
    3904F5BF-8429-4A5F-9A05-0357E506995E.png
    592.7 KB · Views: 192
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.