States to take my 6yr old son to hunt deer

Arkansas is blessed with a lot of public land, and many Wildlife Management areas. You can target deer, hogs, turkeys, or waterfowl depending on the area. We also have the best Brown Trout fishery in the world that is public. Stripers and hybrids in the Ar river and several lakes. WMAs are located in different types of terrain, Coastal Plains, Hardwood bottoms, Pine forests and Mountains. Plenty to target. Waterfowl they limit hunters and access to allow better success. There are also guide services that are much more reasonable than Texas. Private land deer leases are cheap. Most folks pay $300-500 a year for a lease. Waterfowl not so cheap. I share my waterfowl lease with a guy from Georgia. He makes the drive, so getting in a lease isn't out of the question for you, esp if you and your boys want to hunt more than once. Under 16 they don't have to buy a license, but if memory serves they have to buy one if they kill a deer and tag it. I'm with adult kids and grandkids still too young so haven't kept up. Spend some time on Arkansas Game and Fish website and look at the rules and maps. How deep into Texas are you? The drive could be an hour or 10 LOL Forgot to add, unless it has changed Non Resident licenses are Reciprocal with neighboring States. We charge you what you charge us. I can tell you which areas have the most of what.
Thanks! Great info.
I am in North Dallas are so not too far. We just spent spring break in Arkansas (our first time there) and my wife loved it.
I will do some research on the websites you suggested. Can i PM you if I have any questions?

Thanks! Great info.
I am in North Dallas are so not too far. We just spent spring break in Arkansas (our first time there) and my wife loved it.
I will do some research on the websites you suggested. Can i PM you if I have any questions?
Sure you can. Wife and I were in Dallas last weekend. Love it down there. Our lease is a 6hr drive for you but some of the best deer hunting in the State is less than 4 for you, long as you want meat and not horns LOL. Our best kept secret is Brown Trout on the upper White River. Nice when it is hot, drive over a ripple in a boat and the A/C comes on. Big fish and great eating.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.