Starting a new rifle build

my82cam

I am starting a new rifle build as of today! I just got off the phone with manners and ordered an EH1 stock. Here is a list of parts I plan to use but am not sure of somethings:
manners EH1 black with grey speckle
Defiance action
Williams bottom metal
Wyatts extended box
Timney trigger
Nightforce NSX 5.5-22
4 port muzzle brake

So, I do not know what caliper and barrel I am going to run. I currently have a custom 300wm and love the efficiency of the round but am wanting to do something a little more? I am thinking 7stw or 300rum. I already have a ton of different 308 bullets and love to keep things simple. I plan to be using the gun for elk/deer hunting. Long range shots are always possible and want to shoot farther out for fun too. I currently have a lilja contour 5 with a 1-10 twist and would probably stick with a contour 5. If I go 300RUM I would more than likely be shooting 208 AMAX or berger 230s. What input do you guys have for which brand, type of barrel I should use? I imagine I will end up going 300RUM but not sure :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.