Stainless or chrome moly

Coldfinger

Not to start a debate but what is the better barrel material, stainless or chrome-moly? I buy stainless religiously just for a bit of peace of mind but was wondering what was better?

Not to start a debate but what is the better barrel material, stainless or chrome-moly? I buy stainless religiously just for a bit of peace of mind but was wondering what was better?
You just contradicted your own statement!

I will just say I like stainless over blued chrome moly just for the fact that you can & will lose blueing over time & it gets affected/blemished by things like moisture & even the oils from your fingers.
That's why 75% of my rifles are stainless.

You just contradicted your own statement!

I will just say I like stainless over blued chrome moly just for the fact that you can & will lose blueing over time & it gets affected/blemished by things like moisture & even the oils from your fingers.
That's why 75% of my rifles are stainless.
is there a difference in accuracy between blued & SS. ??

is there a difference in accuracy between blued & SS. ??

Whichever has better quality and assurance, and overall craftsmanship during the manufacturing process ...

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.