CLR and Chrome Moly Barrels

Vinegar is also an acid like CLR. I'd bet it's a much stronger acid than CLR. I don't see it neutralizing it. I haven't had an issue myself. I clean out the CLR with several dry patches and then several wet Wipe Out patches down the barrel.

Vinegar is also an acid like CLR. I'd bet it's a much stronger acid than CLR. I don't see it neutralizing it. I haven't had an issue myself. I clean out the CLR with several dry patches and then several wet Wipe Out patches down the barrel.
Vinegar will neutralize a lot of different kinds of acid, from battery acid to caustic acid which will burn the meat off your bones if you don't stop the reaction, personal knowledge. It's an acid used in the oil field or used to be back in the day as they say. It's not a bad item to have in the shop just in case you get some type of acid on you or something you don't want to be ruined.
It may even stop CLR if applied soon, but the inside of these CM barrels was left soaking in it and that seems to have been my mistake.

Coke works pretty good on several types of acid, but I'll take the vinegar if I have a choice.
Yep I agree, Coke was easier to have on site unless somebody drank it.
Used soda ash to neutralize acid we pumped down hole to soften up tight formations.

The "White Spots" are actually "Monkey Pox".
You will need to check with the CDC, Dr Fakechy, and the Brandon Administration for vaccinations.
should clear up your barrel and give you one hole groups!
All those you named, the CDC, Dr Fakechy, and Brandon, are the Monkey Pox and I will stay away from them thank you. If they knew I had it they'd all be trying to grab it and keep it, they're all commies you know.

if i was concerned about carbon I would consider brake cleaner. Do not get on wood or synthetic surfaces.

Its ingredients include water, lactic acid, gluconic acid, lauramine oxide,Propylene Glycol, n-Butyl Ether, and solvents that dissolve cobalt gel coats and paint. How do you use CLR? Test the solution on a hidden area before applying to the entire surface

Vinegar is a mild acid. It will dilute other acids, but won't neutralize them. Baking soda is alkailine, and will neutralize acid. Coke is a mild acid also. The carbonate in coke seems to react with battery acid, because I've seen it clean battery terminals. I picked up a $3 gallon of Kroil at an estate sale, so that is what I'm using.

Vinegar is a mild acid. It will dilute other acids, but won't neutralize them. Baking soda is alkailine, and will neutralize acid. Coke is a mild acid also. The carbonate in coke seems to react with battery acid, because I've seen it clean battery terminals. I picked up a $3 gallon of Kroil at an estate sale, so that is what I'm using.
Vinegar will absolutely neutralize caustic soda, which may not be an acid idk, but caustic soda will eat your flesh right down to your bones if you don't neutralize it and vinegar does a great job at doing that.