• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sponsor Members

gpo1956

Just curious. Are sponsor members able to post as many threads as they want and can they bump them as often as they like?

You can unfollow or ignore users of this forum to not see their posts. I suggest doing that rather than bashing them for being sponsors that also have things to offer for purchase. With so many scam and overpriced sites popping up, I appreciate that sponsors have quality items offered here and also keep the site up and running through their support.

I've been a member of various forums for 15+ yrs and I don't think I've ever put anyone on my ignore list.

You can unfollow or ignore users of this forum to not see their posts. I suggest doing that rather than bashing them for being sponsors that also have things to offer for purchase. With so many scam and overpriced sites popping up, I appreciate that sponsors have quality items offered here and also keep the site up and running through their support.
That's great he's a sponsor. I'll pay more to keep him from kicking everyone else to the bottom every 16 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand. But I'm on these forums to learn and enjoy myself. I'm getting less and less tolerant of chest beating and alpha male behavior and should probably remember to use the ignore button more often. That's the one thing that I don't like about the internet. People are much less civil and more confrontational when there's no worry of facing a real live person. And by the way, I was just curious what the rules were. I had NOBODY in particular in mind.

I understand. But I'm on these forums to learn and enjoy myself. I'm getting less and less tolerant of chest beating and alpha male behavior and should probably remember to use the ignore button more often. That's the one thing that I don't like about the internet. People are much less civil and more confrontational when there's no worry of facing a real live person. And by the way, I was just curious what the rules were. I had NOBODY in particular in mind.
Any adult acting as such on any forum would understand that. Unfortunately, you chose a hobby/lifestyle that attracts insecure people, bullies, extremists etc. some forums are far worse than others…
I prefer to take the same stand with forums as I do television. If I do not like a program, I don't watch it. If I don't like a network, same treatment. Sometimes asking an innocent question on a forum leads to others making assumptions or worse, hijacking your thread with a non sequitur.
Best advice is to, like stated above, block a user or just learn to scroll past the commercials and enjoy the show.
I hope everyone is enjoying the weather outside, rifle in hand where ever you are (state and local laws permitting 😬).

Remember, a sponsor is just that. The money they pay to be able to post and get visibility to move their product or service is the only thing that allows others to use this site for a nominal fee or free altogether.
Learning on this forum comes from 99% of the posts other than the classifieds. I spend most of my time cruising for -insert name of item- that has been missing in my life and I'll surely need on my next safari to god knows where (there's no safari).
When it comes to info and interaction, remember:
Cheaper than a magazine, closer than a hunt lodge.

TBH, the OP was a good one. Apparently a lot of folks have questions they're apprehensive to ask for whatever reason. Never be afraid to ask.

You're good- I meant no offense to you or anyone by suggesting to use the ignore feature. I was trying bring light to the feature as I know it can help at times. You asked a great question that I have wondered about myself before too.