• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED LRH Members Beware

huntaredlab

A BIG Beware out to my Long Range Hunting OnLine Fellow Members.
I performed 2 Sales transactions in January.
One transaction was flawless.
The Second, Postal Money Order went out to [email protected], on January 11 with MO in Sellers hand January 18th. I verified with the Postal Service that the MO was cashed. My rifle was to be shipped the following Monday via text from the Seller on January 20. The seller cashed the Money Order and has not
shipped my rifle. Seller has discontinued all email and phone correspondence. I do not see as I will receive rifle or compensation from this Seller.
I wanted the Membership to be aware of the FAILURE, on the part of this Seller, to provide as promised.

Well that really sucks! I would contact the BATF about it. Firearms fraud is not something they take lightly.

BATF wont care, no firearm is stolen, missing or otherwise. At best it will be a civil matter.

I hate to hear this, as it makes it so hard on newer people in the sport trying to sell or trade and item. I have been extremely fortunate in all of my dealings both here and on accurate shooter forums. I had a guy years ago on here that told me to only deal in postal money orders because they are secured and I've stuck to that wisdom for the 12 years that ive been on here.

You should be ok on the money end, it may take a while to get it while they investigate. I just hope they catch him and throw his *** in jail.

Thanks for letting us know,
Nathan

Money orders are not "secure" in any way unless it happens to get lost. Once its cashed, you're out.

good luck, the guy is Russian, likely won't be able to recover anything.

Here is another alias of the guy legalmarke01, IP address 209.58.144.209
His Russian email is [email protected]

I have been having problems with an interaction on here myself right now. The seller states to have shipped the item a couple weeks ago but has not given me a tracking number and nothing has arrived. He states he is looking into it. If nothing is resolved in a week or so I will share his info as well. I would prefer to give the guy a chance to prove it is an actual error at the post office level before throwing the guy under the bus.
Mike

Money orders are not "secure" in any way unless it happens to get lost. Once its cashed, you're out.

My apologies, I've never had to find out myself so I guess I shouldn't have said that. I was just always told that you were secure when paying usps money orders. What would be the purpose of using usps money order over a cashiers check.

Really nothing. There is a number you call to verify the usps mo. Some guys think that if you buy a USPS MO and mail it that it constitutes mail fraud if the deal goes south. The post office is not going to spend time chasing this type of stuff down.

If you sent to a physical address and the $ lost is significant, I would show up on his door step w/ the local sheriff.

My apologies, I've never had to find out myself so I guess I shouldn't have said that. I was just always told that you were secure when paying usps money orders. What would be the purpose of using usps money order over a cashiers check.

No need to apologize, just trying to stem misinformation to help others in the future. Payment methods aside, just do your homework. A 2 second google search of the email address could have prevented this. Is the person a member here? For how long? How many post? All indicators.