Specs for my 338am being built by kirby allen.

new shooter

Well boys all parts have been ordered; heres the list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lawton M8000 receiver
Lawton 40 moa rail base
ABS custom taper barrel 1.350" barrel shank down to .900 muzzle. 32"
Manner MCS-T1 tactical stock, 90% carbon fiber,flat black finish
Aluminum pillar bedding
Aluminum trigger guard
Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56mm NP-R2
NF Ultralight rings
ACI on scope
Rifles Basix trigger 8-20 oz model
Matte finish on all metal surfaces
Scopelevel
Muzzel brake, kirbys
Harris bipod with pod loc
CUSTOM 338 AM die set
Custom neck down die with three step down bushings

To say that i am excited is an understatment! It is a dream come true. Kirby Allen is an awsome person to work with; always willing to answer questions, never critized them. and I want to thank all those who post on LRH, I have learned so much and with your help I think I have pick the best LR rifle smith for my needs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Newshooter

You are not wrong, this is a great site for a wealth of top information from a great set of guys and Kirby is amongst the top flight of rifle builders and always ready and willing to offer advice when requested. Pity he is not U.K based /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good luck and congratulations on your new rifle, please post some pics once you have taken possession

Jonathan

Under 16 pounds for idaho.I mite have to take the bipod off to get 16 pounds.I will have to wait an see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

that will be a sweet set up. i concur with the others on Kirby!!! he is great to deal with. he is also building me a rifle, but i went the budget route, if there is one. remington 700 SA that will be accurized, .308 20" #7 lilja SS barrel, holland comp recoil lug, phantom flash suppressor, remington VS HS precision stock skim bedded. even though i went the budget route, the gun will be a shooter. i may even use it as my primary hunting rig rather than the 300 wsm krieger barreled savage i had some "wiley e coyote" gunsmith build for me.

exsanguinate
Sounds like a great rifle,I am sure it will be a shooter.Being built by kirby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats on the new build ! Sounds like a killing machine.

So does that mean if the gun weighs more than 16 lbs with the bipod on... then you take off the scope just beofe the shot to be legal ?? HE he he he !

DUH

new shooter,

Congrats! That should be quite the rig. Keep us posted.

I know how you feel as Kirby has some parts for a 338AX for me and Tom Manners is finishing up fitting a BAT HRPIC action, jewell trig, PTG Al bottom metal and Wyatt's 4" box to the stock and then pillar bedding it and sending to Kirby. Should be to Kirby within a week or two. Just ordered NF 5.5 - 22 x 50 with NPR1 from Third Generation Shooting Supply the other day as well. Seekins Med rings--blah, blah blah.

I'm curious why your aren't going with the NPR1 reticle, espcecially with the ultra long range capability of the 338AM? From my personal experience with several different triggers, including the RB (and I know Kirby much prefers the Jewell), I would encourage you to consider a jewell trigger for that thing. Just my .02.

Congrats again!

Jon

new shooter, are you going with Kirby's APS medium 3 port Painkiller muzzle brake? 32" barrel w/brake puts ya out there at about 33-34" that's a long stick-very nice. Quite the impressive list of components, you'll have to post some pics once it's completed.

Sounds like a top rig.
It should shoot way out there with the .338AM and 40 MOA rail.

Kirby has helped me and seems like a great bloke. I am sure you will have a rifle to be proud of.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts