special forces

How well does factory ammo hold spec from lot to lot? I'm betting a good defense attorney could produce a professional witness that would proclaim that factory ammo varies significantly enough to sway a jury.

How well does factory ammo hold spec from lot to lot? I'm betting a good defense attorney could produce a professional witness that would proclaim that factory ammo varies significantly enough to sway a jury.
It wouldn't matter since that is the standard of practice.

The shooter if police would simply need to show competency with it.

If it's what the department approved it relieves them of personal liability.

If there were ever a mishap or bad shoot, the attorneys would eat their lunch if using handloads on people, ie: "defendent loaded ammo that would increase suffering", "defendent enjoyed killing people so much he loaded specific ammo", etc. Just like in law enforcement or (especially) concealed carry for self defense, never, ever use your handloads. A judge and jury will not look favorable on it.
My friend and hunting buddy went thru the ringer when he shot and killed an intruder in his home. The prosecution did attempt to use an argument that the defendant was bent on killing because he had an extensive firearms background and reloaded his own ammo.

However I do believe he used factory in this case. The prosecutions arguments went elsewhere.

#1 - It is not the jury that I primarily need swayed, but rather my department.

#2 - Overall, are you willing to take that chance?

I'm simply and confidently stating that I am not willing to risk everything that I have on possibly "beating the system."

Yall debating .05 off the lands and the secret service just approved weapon lights in 2020.... giving way to much credit.... I've served in both capacities. You use what they give you.
I agree, I'm not sure what pushback is all about. With agencies/ LEO's being attacked and brought up on charges I'm not sure why this is even being debated.

WildRose is correct, "Swat Snipers" who go outside of Dept policy, rules and mandates, or State Academy standers based on the States sniper training certification program, who set the State standers for snipers, do so at their own risk, and you will pay the price these days.
As for whether they'll know what ammo you used, yes... they will.
Remember; Swat snipers are not alone wolf snipers, you are part of a team and you have a spotter, and in most cases, there are multiple Swat sniper teams on the scene.
Your cartridge or cartridges will be policed up after the action as evidence for the coroners' inquest if a death is involved, it's not like our Military snipers.

As for specialty and/or sanitized ammo the only place I am aware of it is in the military units, special operation... and yes, now and then they still do when they don't want to leave a calling card and can't pick up their brass... or the whole operation might be sanitized, so the ammo would be as well. Things like "wet works" operations is the first thing tha comes to mind here, which Swat sniper would never do, or at least to my knowledge they wouldn't... and I was in the game a long time. Ok... here's a photo of a 7.62x51mm NATO sanitized cartridge as a FYI Cheers

308 1.jpg
308 2.jpg

Recent Posts