McMillan Coues Deer Special

McMillan

<strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>
We are in the process of building 6 limited edition Coues Deer Specials. They are in 6.5x284 Nor with 26" #4 fluted Lilja match grade stainless barrel with Viaz muzzle break, McMillan Hunters EDGE stock, G30 long action (so you can seat the bullets out for maximum performance with no feeding issues) and comes in a custom color. The rifle weighs a little over 7lbs. Custom serial numbers are Coues 01-06. We have already sold 01 and 03. If someone would let me know how to post a pic I would gladly do it.

click "post reply" then scroll down to the attachment button. Click it and then select browse and select the photo(s) you want to attach. Click upload and wait for the files to be transferred.

Last edited:
I am hoping there are 2 photos attached which show our Coues Deer Special.

Attachments

• Coues 2a.JPG
    Coues 2a.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Coues 2e.JPG
    Coues 2e.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 97
The first Coues Special was built for a local customer Greg Stainton. He opted to have the rifle built on our Tactical Hunter as opposed to the Prodigy shown in the earlier post. The rifle is at the load developer as we speak and has been producing some exciting results.

Attachments

• 6 5x284 100yd Grp.JPG
    6 5x284 100yd Grp.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Coues 2.JPG
    Coues 2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Coues 3.JPG
    Coues 3.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 80
I just received an email from Bob Beck. He returned from his New Mexico Coues Deer hunt a couple of days ago and sent me some photos. He and Chris both shot bucks with a McMillan Coues Deer Special Limited Edition rifle. It was serial number Coues 02. Bob shot his buck at 940 yards and Chris shot hers a 530 yards. They were using McMillan ammunition loaded with 140 gr Berger VLD's flying at 2976 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.