South West Wyoming???

joseph

Thinking of hunting in southwest Wyoming this coming fall. Might stay in Lander, Wyoming. Any advice which areas would be good for me and my buddy hunting antelope, mule deer and maybe a cow elk?

I was in a bad car accident and am very limited in being able to walk. I have also gotten a bad case of fibrosis in my lungs. My hunting buddy has a knee replacement that has not turned out very well. He can't bend his leg to 90 degrees. He will be 70 and I will be 69 by this fall. We would like to get one last hunt in before we hit the dust. I hunted once near Gillette 4 years ago and my buddy has never hunted out there before. We are from the Atlanta, Georgia area.

We are two old folks and don't have much to spend on this trip. Anybody that we might be able to contact out there that might be able to help us out.

Thanks,
joseph

Attachments

• Wyoming Hunt Areas .png
    Wyoming Hunt Areas .png
    326.8 KB · Views: 124
  • West wyoming 3 .png
    West wyoming 3 .png
    592.3 KB · Views: 98
How many points are you working with? I've Antelope hunted a fair amount of it. Can't say about deer or elk, but some of those units can be a tough draw for antelope. Do the season's line up well enough to use multiple tags? Re read the question Lander I can't say much about.

Last edited:
We have no points. Last year I was told some places are easy draws. What areas have you hunted? We could hunt any place we get drawn. Like 65-66-64-61-60-57-92-91or107 or any other area we could get to.

joseph

I hunted near Gillette in area 17 without any points and it was an easy draw.

The cutoff date for NR deer and antelope applications was 3/15 and the draw results won't be posted until the last part of June. At that time the G&F website will also have lists of all the leftover tags that can be purchased on a first come-first served basis. Those will go on sale online in July on two different dates depending on whether they are buck or reduced price antlerless tags.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.