sound suppressor?

what about in Missouri, I have wondered about that very same thing, but did not know where or who to ask.

Are they legal or by permit only.

Dan

I know in Texas they are legal in other stated I dont know but the prices are 300.00 for the license with ATF and then the cost of the suppressor which normally runs 600+ for a good one. Im using a silenced 17hmr for short range varmint up to 200 yrds and all I hear is the click and a small piff.
You should be able to do a search on suppressors in "Missouri" and get an idea if its legal there.
Stacy

All states have to have a form filled out and approved by a local law enforcement official. In colorado it depends on getting your county sheriff to sign off on it. If I lived a mile south I could have one but not in my county. Find a class two dealer in your area and ask them. I called AWC(suppressor manufacturer) and asked them who they deal with in Colorado and then called thier dealer here and got the area specific info from them. I wasted about 10 calls around the ATF and got 11 different answers.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.