sound suppressor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bigcat_hunter, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Well-Known Member

Do you need a speacial liscence (in aOregon) to install a sound suppressor on a rifle?

2. MU Ag Rho

MU Ag Rho Well-Known Member

what about in Missouri, I have wondered about that very same thing, but did not know where or who to ask.

Are they legal or by permit only.

Dan

3. swebb38

swebb38 Well-Known Member

I know in Texas they are legal in other stated I dont know but the prices are 300.00 for the license with ATF and then the cost of the suppressor which normally runs 600+ for a good one. Im using a silenced 17hmr for short range varmint up to 200 yrds and all I hear is the click and a small piff.
    You should be able to do a search on suppressors in "Missouri" and get an idea if its legal there.
    Stacy

4. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

All states have to have a form filled out and approved by a local law enforcement official. In colorado it depends on getting your county sheriff to sign off on it. If I lived a mile south I could have one but not in my county. Find a class two dealer in your area and ask them. I called AWC(suppressor manufacturer) and asked them who they deal with in Colorado and then called thier dealer here and got the area specific info from them. I wasted about 10 calls around the ATF and got 11 different answers.

5. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Contact the guys @ Red Cloud Ind. The link is in my sig line. If they don't know, they can find out.