Some new brass on the market

28 nosler brass already out of stock . I'm having a heck of time finding any brass or loaded ammo anyplace. Its starting to feel like the 22lr epidemic! Lol

28 nosler brass already out of stock . I'm having a heck of time finding any brass or loaded ammo anyplace. Its starting to feel like the 22lr epidemic! Lol
We will have more in a couple weeks, if you facebook, go and like the bertram brass page and we will announce it on there when we get it.

I have tried and attempted to use Bertram brass for 25 years with little to no success but this will devolve into another opinion match between those who like it and those who don't. I really don't care which cartridge cases they're tooling up for or if they have created a 'new' company to handle the exporting to the US, it won't make a difference to me. The brass is more expensive because it's imported and the quality is not there to be commensurate with those prices, not when we have newer companies here in the US making excellent brass.

Now if some of this brass is the only way you can get some stock, have at it but be warned.

Regards.

What are the problems you've encountered with Bertram brass? Not calling you out, id just like to know before I buy more myself.
I've had the 338 edge & 338 AM Bertram brass for awhile but haven't used much of it. I agree it is expensive but much better than the Jamison alternative for my AM. I have noticed it's tough and takes pressure better than my Rem or Jamison brass. The case weight variance is more than I was hoping for but wasn't to bad for the few pieces I weighed.

How consistent is the neck wall thickness, case weights, case volumes, and base to shoulder measurement of new brass in cartridges that you've tried?

With companies like Peterson and ADG now producing they may have better quality and consistency but don't cover all the cartridges out there in need of better brass but do have most of them. Still curious as to what problems you've encountered with Bertram as I have a decent amount of thier brass waiting to be used.

What are the problems you've encountered with Bertram brass? Not calling you out, id just like to know before I buy more myself.
I've had the 338 edge & 338 AM Bertram brass for awhile but haven't used much of it. I agree it is expensive but much better than the Jamison alternative for my AM. I have noticed it's tough and takes pressure better than my Rem or Jamison brass. The case weight variance is more than I was hoping for but wasn't to bad for the few pieces I weighed.

How consistent is the neck wall thickness, case weights, case volumes, and base to shoulder measurement of new brass in cartridges that you've tried?

With companies like Peterson and ADG now producing they may have better quality and consistency but don't cover all the cartridges out there in need of better brass but do have most of them. Still curious as to what problems you've encountered with Bertram as I have a decent amount of thier brass waiting to be used.
I have used a lot of the rum cases in past and the case weight variance is larger than some but fireformed cases have been very close less than 0.5 gr. have made a lot of nosler cases for people from the 338 rum and they have been great. just ordered 7saum and284 win will let people know about consistency when they arrive

As far as new brass, Peterson has some good stuff too. 300 norma mag, 338 Norma coming soon, SRP .260 brass, AND its made in America, AND Ben is an awesome guy to deal with.
I'm going to try some Peterson in 300 Win mag. All the tests, and reviews have been very good.

Holy hell I paid less for norma saum brass, and much less for 28 Nosler!!
I guess Bertram decided to price high to take advantage of low inventory on select cases....

you need to check brass prices lately. 28 NOSLER averages 2.75 -3.00 apiece. 7SAUM averages 1.72 -3.08 apiece. brass prices have went through the roof this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.