Some coyotes from the last few months

rankin76

Here are a few pics of some coyotes I was able to get out and call over the last few months. 390D1509-EB8D-444A-BE6A-56E7BC5694C5.jpeg7A3A6B5B-653B-470E-8D14-F271D99FD4C0.jpeg4B51FA75-BE74-4911-91A5-1E3205B5283B.jpeg1A44D81E-570E-425D-9530-33CAC2131781.jpeg177F89CC-2818-4E27-9972-435B7E98F686.jpeg1BE0C408-0398-4DBF-8DC8-96D96091A049.jpeg64F9DAD1-C1E4-4C03-AC33-40D6917AA3C0.png

Yeah, I've made probably 25 sets in the last 3 days and haven't seen or even heard one. Tell us what you're doing please. I'm at my witts end

😂😂 I'm sorry to hear that, I don't mean to laugh at ya, I've had those days! Don't give up, maybe just think outside the box. If your calling heavy pressure areas try different sounds.

Sometimes if I'm hunting I a place I call allot I will creep in and start glassing. I know that some of these areas they are call shy from so much pressure. If I spot one I'll use the land scape and wind in my favor to get in range without ever even making a call.

I use a lot of rodent and bird sounds on the Foxpro. I also like to use sounds of critters I know are in the area.

And of course it's nice to have lots of private property in your back pocket.

😂😂 I'm sorry to hear that, I don't mean to laugh at ya, I've had those days! Don't give up, maybe just think outside the box. If your calling heavy pressure areas try different sounds.

Sometimes if I'm hunting I a place I call allot I will creep in and start glassing. I know that some of these areas they are call shy from so much pressure. If I spot one I'll use the land scape and wind in my favor to get in range without ever even making a call.

I use a lot of rodent and bird sounds on the Foxpro. I also like to use sounds of critters I know are in the area.

And of course it's nice to have lots of private property in your back pocket.
I'm in west TN, so most places that I hunt the visibility is maybe 30y. I got a call to come shoot some nuisance coyotes in a pasture though. Hunted last night and again this morning, a couple different sets each time, where the property allowed. Fresh scat and tracks everywhere, farmer says that there were 4 of them in the first field I hunted the night prior just before dark. They just burned it off last week. I went in silent, camo and concealment, wind in my face, scent control on point, put up my foxpro with the fur burger, started slow with mouse squeaks, sat 45 minutes and worked to cottontail then yote sounds. Call 2-3 minutes, silent for 5-10 minutes. Got nothing. Moved to another field about 500y, set up and started with bird sounds, then went coyote since it was getting dark. 45-50 minutes, nothing. I went back this morning, set up in the field behind it, effectively putting an overgrown fence row between me and the field they frequent. Got in before daylight, and nothing. Set up in another spot at about 7, and nothing. I hunted another great spot until dark today, probably a dozen sets or more, and just skunked. I sold my gun on the way home and bought a case of cheap whisky. I haven't taken a whipping like this since I threw that paper wad at the teacher in middle school..

I'm in west TN, so most places that I hunt the visibility is maybe 30y. I got a call to come shoot some nuisance coyotes in a pasture though. Hunted last night and again this morning, a couple different sets each time, where the property allowed. Fresh scat and tracks everywhere, farmer says that there were 4 of them in the first field I hunted the night prior just before dark. They just burned it off last week. I went in silent, camo and concealment, wind in my face, scent control on point, put up my foxpro with the fur burger, started slow with mouse squeaks, sat 45 minutes and worked to cottontail then yote sounds. Call 2-3 minutes, silent for 5-10 minutes. Got nothing. Moved to another field about 500y, set up and started with bird sounds, then went coyote since it was getting dark. 45-50 minutes, nothing. I went back this morning, set up in the field behind it, effectively putting an overgrown fence row between me and the field they frequent. Got in before daylight, and nothing. Set up in another spot at about 7, and nothing. I hunted another great spot until dark today, probably a dozen sets or more, and just skunked. I sold my gun on the way home and bought a case of cheap whisky. I haven't taken a whipping like this since I threw that paper wad at the teacher in middle school..
Dang.... ok ya that's a beating! Maybe high pitch rodent...? I like some high pitch stuff! Or if there are crow's around, get the crow's stirred up and a yote might pop out to investigate. Sounds like a tuff spot....

Dang.... ok ya that's a beating! Maybe high pitch rodent...? I like some high pitch stuff! Or if there are crow's around, get the crow's stirred up and a yote might pop out to investigate. Sounds like a tuff spot....
Crazy you said that about the crows. 🤣

My first set this morning a flock of crows came in and were harrasing my decoy. It was the first time I'd ever seen that. I was so certain that a coyote was right behind them that I kicked my safety off and typed "I've just killed a pile of song dogs" in a text message to my hunting buddy, then I leaned back and waited for the slaughter to start.

I had to delete the text of course, and no slaughter followed. I thought I was going go have to shoot the crows though, it is possible that they were trying to breed my decoy, and that is exactly where I draw the line with crows. You can make all the noise you want fellas, but sodomizing my decoy will get you turned into a puff of floating feathers.

I usually only sit about 25 minutes tops, I figure if they don't come in by then there's no point in beating a dead horse! I'll only use maybe three different sounds in one spot.

I might try beating a dead horse. I think that's a choice on the foxpro downloads. At this point I'll try anything

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.