A few coyotes less

szeitner

Not a bad day, cleared out a few coyotes for the rancher.

DSCN1383.jpg

Good job, 3 in a day is awesome. How about some details? What state, looks like western yotes? What calls were used? set up?

Thanks for posting the pic

Jeff

Sorry about that Jeff. Yes they are western, southeast Montana. It was actually a slow day, we got 5 the weekend before. Started out just laying in the sagebrush and used a rabbit distress . Not sure what kind of call my partner was using, but later we switched to a barking pup and an occasional yelp and howl. My partner used a Rem 22-250, and I use a NEF 243 ultra hunter...and I keep my Benelli 12 guage handy for the really close ones that try to run over us.

Cool Thanks! I have pretty good luck here with the " lightning jack" and coyote pup distress . If they hold up I finish with the magpies and that has brought in a few that were being stubborn.

Good to hear you are getting quite a few. If ya don't mind me asking, what are they bringing? We have some bobcat traps set but need to do more calling.

Thanks

Jeff

Talked to a guy in Broadus that is a taxidermist. He said that prices might run close to $100.00 or more for good prime pelts. We've got some cat sets out too, the will be in the 600-750 range.

Talked to a guy in Broadus that is a taxidermist. He said that prices might run close to $100.00 or more for good prime pelts. We've got some cat sets out too, the will be in the 600-750 range.

Yeah, I have heard the cats are opening at $500. I need to sharpen my skill with trapping the small cats. Little buggers!!! .:)

Thanks
Jeff

Holy cow, Last I heard for cats was $400. (A grade pelts). I'm going to to move my water sets to land sets..

I guess we'll have to wait for the prices to get set at the fur acution to see just how high they go. I have also heard rumblings that cats would be around $500 so who knows.

I didn't think a wolf was that much bigger! I think if your traveling near Broadus, you need a bigger gun. Any .22 is just going to **** it off.

I just called Bridger Fur company and they are only paying $15 for a coyote on the carcase. where are people getting 100 ish bucks for a coyote and is that skinned and stretched?

hmmm, something weird here, it was the Bridger Fur guy that told the taxidermist that's what the prices would be...I am going to check further for dang sure. I will let you know.

I do know the 'yotes are breaking now, so prices will be really bad from now on.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.