• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD SMR rifle with T4A stock SOLD **

gebhardt02

This rifle is built on the Snowy Mountain Rifle Company 350 action which is the original design. This action has a normal Remington M700 footprint so it accepts these type bottom metals as well as being compatible with Remington triggers.

This rifle utilizes a Pacific Tool and Gauge bolt with the handle being welded to the bolt body instead of being silver soldered. SMR also decided to include a mini M-16 extractor which is placed just above the right side bolt lug. These extractors are a big improvement over original Remington design. The bolt knob has five rubber O-rings to aid in grip of the knob and are removable if the owner doesn't want them while also easily replaceable if need be. The trigger is a Jewel set to 3 pounds and the action is topped with an SMR built 20 MOA picatinny spec rail.

This particular rifle has been fitted with a Lilja 3-groove barrel. Twist rate is 1:10 and chambered for 7.62 NATO. This barrel also has an SMR muzzle brake threaded 5/8X24.

The stock is an excellent Manners Composites T4A. The barreled action is bedded to the stock with Devcon 10110 on top of aluminum pillars and the bedding supports the first 1.5 inches of the barrel. The cheek piece is an adjustable unit utilizing the KMW Loggerhead hardware which is as solid of an adjustable hardware as can be found. Stock length of pull is adjustable through a spacer system which also gives a very solid adjustment that doesn't come loose. Additionally, this rifle is fitted with a Seekins Precision mag system using their proprietary magazines and comes with one 5 round mag. This particular stock has been painted coyote tan while the barrel channel has been sealed up with Dupont Centari which is a highly durable waterproof coating.

This rifle has been built for a couple years and was one of our demonstration rifles. It is time for this rifle to go to a new home but not because it doesn't perform. Being that it was a demo rifle, it does have some minor imperfections in the finish from going on several trips and being fired but nothing that detract from performance nor functionality. We have however gone through the rifle and cleaned everything up and even gone so far as to redo the bedding and touch up the crown. We are constantly striving to improve our products and felt these two areas needed a touch up. Instead of re-Cerakoting the rifle and selling it for as-new price, we are keeping it as is and selling at a reduced cost. Unfortunately, I do not know the round count but feel that total number of rounds is less than 1000. Also, I do not currently have any pics of how well the rifle groups but will try to get some shortly.

This rifle is priced to sell at $2600.00 plus shipping. Please give me a call if you are interested in this rifle. We also have some Nightforce and Vortex scopes in stock and we are able to provide a highly competitive package pricing if you also purchase a scope with any of our rifles. Again, call me for details.

Geb

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 8
Re: FS: SMR rifle with T4A stock

Bumping this up, rifle is still for sale. Although this is a used rifle, it is in great shape and still a darn good price for everything that is in the rifle.

Geb

Price reduced to $2525 plus shipping. If you want to buy this rifle as well as an optic, I can probably do a better deal as a package price. Give me a call if interested.

Geb

If I was in the market for a 308, I would be all over this!

Great looking rig.

Dan

Rifle still for sale. Fellas, this is an awesome rifle. Somebody buy this please, we are eager to find it a new home. Give me a call at 406-480-4900.

Geb