So Many Powder Options!

Re23 has been a great improvement over H4831SC in two rifles. 280AI and 7RM. Consistent burn quality, ES, and velocity over 100+ fps increase.
Trying to find it is about the same as RE26. That is sad.
Retumbo is great for my magnum when pushing mid weight bullets like 160 class. H1000 would be a good starting point when heavy weight bullets are needed.

What's "not really "
All things not being equal. Most of the IMR powders are better than 50% increase in velocity per degree. In Texas like in other places can move over 120 degrees from cold to hot. That being so, then your velocity changes 50pfs more or less depending on what the weather was at time of developing your load. 50fps can change your POI by 14" @ 1000yds. Statement was any 4350 will work. Generally the IMR powders seem to push bullets down the tube faster than the H powder. Or that has been my experience in the past. Over 20 yrs ago I blew a primre out of a case because of the change in the temp using IMR powder. I do hunt in weather that changes 130 degree frm low to high. Take the means of temp change and in some powders it's over 50fps change in velocity.
So there can be a lot of different between powders even with the last four numbers being the same. Here a chart on temp and powders.

Attachments

• POWDER SENSITIVITY.PNG
    POWDER SENSITIVITY.PNG
    105 KB · Views: 13
All things not being equal. Most of the IMR powders are better than 50% increase in velocity per degree. In Texas like in other places can move over 120 degrees from cold to hot. That being so, then your velocity changes 50pfs more or less depending on what the weather was at time of developing your load. 50fps can change your POI by 14" @ 1000yds. Statement was any 4350 will work. Generally the IMR powders seem to push bullets down the tube faster than the H powder. Or that has been my experience in the past. Over 20 yrs ago I blew a primre out of a case because of the change in the temp using IMR powder. I do hunt in weather that changes 130 degree frm low to high. Take the means of temp change and in some powders it's over 50fps change in velocity.
So there can be a lot of different between powders even with the last four numbers being the same. Here a chart on temp and powders.
It doesn't interfere with my shooting. My load development happens between 85-95° and I don't shooting below 60 and have on occasion in the 50's. This is the same with all powders I use regardless of cartridge.