So.... 6.5 PRC fliers.....

We understand, lemons slip out the door. I bet they take care of you.
DON'T do, ANY "Modifications", IF, shipping Gun to Factory for, Warranty Repair !
THEY, "Frown" on Mod's and "Usually" won't touch, a Gun, if,.. modified !
Or, they will put it back to, Factory "Spec's" and Charge you, for the "Work"

Last edited:
Really? That is convenient.

I still recommend an aftermarket replacement nut, there are plenty of more attractive options out there if you plan on replacing the barrel yourself.
I bought, the Crown Ridge barrel Nut and used, a Large Crescent wrench to set Headspace, on my 24" 6 XC, Criterion Barrel,. and, IT,.."BugHoles"
I used, 2 NEW, Norma 6 XC Cases ( set Bolt, to just Close, on them ) and "Set" H-S ,.. TIGHT on, the GO Gage and, it came out, "Perfect" with, NO Brass growth or, "Clickers"

Last edited:
I have one more thing I may check on this rifle. Sitting around waiting for some money matters to get settled before I order a custom barrel and thinking on "it is probably the barrel, but could it be the action?" Then I remembered a buddy said he had the go and no go guage to check headspace when I need them. So It won't cost me a dime to check the no go gauge to see if it is head spaced to long.

That might cause accuracy issues if she has to much free play. Also seemed like the brass sized
a little hard yesterday which added to my train of thought on headspacing.

I have one more thing I may check on this rifle. Sitting around waiting for some money matters to get settled before I order a custom barrel and thinking on "it is probably the barrel, but could it be the action?" Then I remembered a buddy said he had the go and no go guage to check headspace when I need them. So It won't cost me a dime to check the no go gauge to see if it is head spaced to long.

That might cause accuracy issues if she has to much free play. Also seemed like the brass sized
a little hard yesterday which added to my train of thought on headspacing.
It doesnt hurt to check but I doubt it would cause the issues you are seeing. One tell tale sign is to measure your brass growth from new to fireformed with a headspace comparator. I have one custom barrel(encore) that has a long chamber. Brass growth on fireforming is .014. Brass bumped .002 shoots just fine and is very accurate.