Smothered steak

Thanks! Like your Mom, my Dad makes the best gravies. He spent 20+ years as a cook in the Navy and went on to cook for his Admiral when he retired. I am very fortunate to have a household full of cooks. My Mom was an awesome cook too, and so as my sisters. I used to be the kitchen tester, and I guess that is where my cooking passion got started. I also find it relaxing. :)
Both my parents were great cooks so I got lucky there. Spent a lot of time in the kitchen growing up and like you found a passion for cooking. Something about feeding people good food that provides a small amount of gratification.

looks like what i would call country style steak which is one of my favs. never seen it with tomatoes though. after frying the steaks, i deglaze the pan with beef broth, add butter, onions and cream of mushroom soup. throw the steak and gravy into a dutch oven and bake at 300 for about an hour. i usually make it once a week during the winter months with a green of some sort and then mashed taters. cover everything with gravy and go to town.
Yeah man that's basically how I do it. Good stuff

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.