sinclair ultimate case trimmer opinions

Wildhog

Fixing to order sinclair ultimate case trimmer. Would appreciate opinions from people who use them. just want to make sure before I order. Thanks Stan

I use it, love it and have never needed anything else. Got the accessory pad with nylon bump too. Works great. Hooked it up to a drill w/ optional attachment and I can speed through 50 cases in a breeze once the repetition is established. No variation in case length once set up. The micrometer took a bit of adjusting to zero it exactly, but once set it has been bulletproof. Solid system, solid company, you won't look back. Just make sure to order the right case holders (new vs. fired) and you are good to go.

Great setup, I have owned a bunch of case trimmers over the years because I was never really satisfied with how they worked. No more.

My advice is instead of buying all the case holders you might need, just gather up a couple of pieces of brass in the condition that you wold trim them (sized) and send them to Wilson to have custom case holders made. They turn them around quickly and they make a great trimmer work even more smoothly. Not terribly expensive either.

I love mine. I was worried when I bought it that it would take longer to trim cases than with my old RCBS but its only slightly more time, if any. Much squarer trim too!

I have one too! and it is one of the best investments I have ever made.
Mine has been used for the last five years and all my friends have me trim there brass
I have had to replace the cutter once, I must have trimed over 2000 cartridges. It will leave a small burr but you will realy get a lot of use from it.

thanks for replies I ordered it and a sinclair concentricity gauge yesterday. found good reviews on both on web. thanks again

I buy most of my tools from SINCLARE INT.. I have been doing buisness with them for over 10 years and have never sent any precision tools or any purchases back.
I just hope BROWNELLS don't screw it up.
that trimmer is like a mack truck..it is well made and you will get a lot of use from it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.