Need Rec/Opinions on Acquiring a Power Case Trimmer..

MTsmith

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to the best power case trimmer on the market. I have a RCBS manual trimmer but would like to speed up the process.
Any rec or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
MTSmith

I feel your pain, I used a Wilson for years and still do but wanted something to speed up the process for .223/higher volume cases without sacrificing accuracy and a square case neck. I just started using the Trimit II and am very satisfied. It's certainly sped up the process and results have been satisfactory.

The Giraud is the best, also probably the most expensive. Lots of good youtube videos on the Giraud, & he makes a less expensive model similar to the trim it II. GTC Trimmer
The Giraud trims, chamfer's,& debur's all in one step. His less expensive trimmer is called the Tri way trimmer.
Rob

I have the Forster Classic trimmer and have been pleased with it. They have come out with a lot of very nice accessories for it. I added the power drive adapter so I can run it with a cordless drill or screwdriver to speed it up considerably. The biggest time saver is their 3-n-1 trimmer. if you load in calibers that they sell this tool for - it is a huge time saver. It trims and de-burrs all in one operation. No extra hand work to do after trimming to length. I also neck turn so I got their neck turning tool that goes on the trimmer.
This may be old school stuff but it works well for me.
Jay

Attachments

• IMG_20151219_110629398.jpg
    IMG_20151219_110629398.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 130
I have the RCBS power trimmer and I use the 3way cutters. By far the best money I've spent for case prep!

Call them to see how much or IF you can covert your manual one. But definitely get the 3way head anyway, no mater what.

I use the Little Crow trimmer that mounts in a drill. It indexes off the shoulder so you do have to FL size before trimming. I chamfer the inside. When loading I'll set my seating die to lightly crimp the outside. I can trim 100 rounds in about 10 min.

I like my Little Crow WFT really well.

I bought it to trim .225" off of 300 Ultra Mag cases for a Wildcat of mine. I was surprised how well it works.

The Giraud is the best, also probably the most expensive. Lots of good youtube videos on the Giraud, & he makes a less expensive model similar to the trim it II. GTC Trimmer
The Giraud trims, chamfer's,& debur's all in one step. His less expensive trimmer is called the Tri way trimmer.
Rob

I have several of the triways in different calibers. Works great. I used to hate trimming brass. Now it is a snap.

the expensive Giraud is the best especially if you do a bunch of different calibers. It also has a setup for meplate trimming

I also have the Giraud annealer. It is awesome.

I'm using the, "Dead On Case Trimmer". Best one I've used in a very long time. Indexes off the shoulder. You need a 1/2" hand drill or better yet a drill press. Easy to adjust and makes a real smooth cut . Uses inserts but, as usual one insert will work with various cases. And...This thing is FAST.

I have the forster that goes on my drill press with their 3-way cutter I trim and debur 10 rounds per minute.

I'm really old school. I use the Lyman E-Z trim system with my cordless drill. I've been thinking of upgrading to a Giraud but don't shoot enough to warrant the expense.

+1 for the Giraud trimmer. Works great and is easy and quick to use. Changing to different calibers is simple change out and reset.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.