Simulated field shoot NZ??

Discussion in 'Australia, New Zealand' started by Steve7mm08, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Steve7mm08

Steve7mm08 Well-Known Member

Is there any interest from people here to hold a simulated field shoot somewhere?

By that I mean having a series of targets (gongs or deer silhouettes) set out at varying distances/angles in a field simulation. ie walk a course and shots taken off bipods, daypacks etc

Could be great practise and a chance to share ideas/experience with other like minded hunters.

2. 300WSMMAD

300WSMMAD Well-Known Member

Hi Steve

Yeah it could work, Id be keen.

Regards 300wsmmad

3. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

I'd be keen, depending on where it was, I live in Canterbury. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from the gunsmith, being rebarreled to a 7 mm magnum. Once I've got it I will need to work up loads and confirm drop charts etc.
    I was thinking about taking it up to Kaikoura goat shooting. I did a trip up there in September last year and there were goats everywhere as far as the eye could see, 1k plus.

Stu.

4. Steve7mm08

Steve7mm08 Well-Known Member

Have you got a bit of private Property in the Kaikoura area? I love the place but have only hunted public land so far.

5. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

that is a good idea...

are there any competitions such as this in the US? sure would be a fun way to practice and learn......maybe shawn could do one of these in conjunction with one of his classes....AJ

6. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

No i have only hunted DoC land, Hapuku, George stream and the McLean(?). The McLean was where we saw all the goats.

Stu.

7. muzr257

muzr257 Member

Count me in:D

8. KIWI AL

KIWI AL Active Member

some thing differant and meet other people who enjoy burning gun powder and one shot hits,al sounds good.i went to mt fith(not spelt right)by the coast back in december.deer and chamy everywhere and a stones throw from township.counted 7 reds in one creek head and was constintly spooking chamy off track.

9. 700LTR

700LTR Member

Sounds like a fantastic idea!

10. buzz45

buzz45 New Member

the south taranaki dsa runs a few , good value, give them a ring for info, cheers bd

11. Pahaoa

Pahaoa Member

Would love to do a meeting somewhere but i'm not really prepared enough to do the south island just yet...

12. foreign

foreign Well-Known Member

im keen for something down here in canterbury

13. Spanners

Spanners Well-Known Member

Keen as mustard.. however not keen on padding Shanes pockets and paying for his overpriced Gucci gear :D

We have a shoot up in the Wairarapa each Xmas