Should we start to boycot these high prices?

Heard on the radio Record federal income tax being paid this year RECORD SAPITAL GAINS BEING PAID The increase in your capital gains also increases how much SOCIAL SECURITY YOU HAVE TO PAY This cost me an additional $ 3000 this year . MO MORE HUNTING OR FISHING GEAR THIS YEAR .
You do not pay social security on capital gains. There is a 3.8% tax on investment income but only if you make over 200K (if single) or 250k if you are married. It applies to investment income only.

I heard this was well, from the Vista group anyway.
There was a thread on it elsewhere on the forum. I don't think prices are ever going down on components, at least not for a few years. We hit the perfect storm with the pandemic induced shortages and panic buying followed by the Bareshelves Brandon induced shortages and panic buying.

Maybe if our anti-gun enemies lose control of one or more houses of Congress this next election some of the panic buying may cease but I doubt the availability and supply chain issues are going to be resolved anytime soon.

Sales flier from GRICES GUN SHOP CLEARFIELD PA has powder page 51 at $40 + per lb, NO PRIMERS!!!! CHECK THEIR WEBSITE . Good luck hope they have some left .

Are you serious? Take off a couple of weeks? For what. All states like tourist dollers, whats the point? I was born in AK. Raping the animals for trophies is BS. Most Alaskans hunt for meat, not trophies. It's called food.

Show me on Arnold Alaska doll where the bad man touched you. That sentiment is shared by the AK guides I have spoke with, and friends who live there that understand the reality of the situation. While I, others, certainly, have do, and will hunt for meat, there is nothing illegal or wrong with trophy hunting. Continue on.

You and your family want to breathe in the future? Oil is not a renewal resource. At least not for another 10,000 years or so. What do our decendants do then? Yup, we need a whole lot better control of the borders.
Had given up on this thread but I guess I missed this one.....
Myself and my family breathe fine and I am confident they will in the future.
If you can tell me what life is going to be like in 10,000 years please fill me in. Pretty sure you can't tell me what will happen tomorrow.
C-130 Dude=Proof of our public education system failing us.

this started under king trump it was already in motion when brain dead brandon took office
Pertaining to shortages and rising prices with reloading supplies, the first dramatic shortage and price jumps occurred during the Obama administration. Most of my component, emergency back-up supplies that have been rotated/managed since, and can carry me for quite some time, were initiated over 10 years ago. I can distinctly recall the shortages and inflated prices back then that had dramatically effected my high volume competitive shooting and hunting…..Wasn't going to let that happen again!

Last edited:
Had given up on this thread but I guess I missed this one.....
Myself and my family breathe fine and I am confident they will in the future.
If you can tell me what life is going to be like in 10,000 years please fill me in. Pretty sure you can't tell me what will happen tomorrow.
C-130 Dude=Proof of our public education system failing us.
Brother, an expert told us 3 years ago that the world as we know it will end in 12 years. 😇

Life is too short not to enjoy it. Cheers!

Brother, an expert told us 3 years ago that the world as we know it will end in 12 years. 😇

Life is too short not to enjoy

Life is too short not to enjoy it. Cheers!
No kidding.

I am still giggling over the revenge of the nerds video you posted.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Theft??? There are numerous books on economics at your local library. When you read them you will see a lot of talk about "supply and demand", that's an important concept...you can not be part of the demand, that is your choice, but your theory about gunbroker supporting theft is like saying Zillow does the same thing with housing prices. Come on, man...
Zillow actually does this, I just read an article about them buying up thousands of houses listed on their site at below market prices and then they sell them again at a profit.

Yeah, Zillow isn't in the house buying business anymore. They thought they could corner the market but but just ended up with a bunch of over-valued inventory. What they learned is, a computer doesn't make a very good appraiser.

Having a choice is an extremely important component of freedom. Although this is under attack in our current political environment. The choice to own and shoot guns is fundamental to why we are here. Boycotting is also a choice, but trying to do so in a broader movement is contradictory to our choice to shoot/hunt. Those that want to attack our rights under the 2nd Amendment are smiling and encouraging anything that will undermine our ability to own and shoot firearms. Pricing us out of of the ability to enjoy our passion is a tactic these anti-gun people are fully supporting. I'm stepping off my soap box now. I'm going to continue to avoid the gouging sellers, but double down on supporting the community regardless of the costs.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste". I am sure many of you heard this before. During any major crisis, there are businesses that just try to serve the sustomer base, some who take advantage, and some who have no choice but to stay afloat need to pass on high costs. We all have a choice, and I am not the one to suggest what others should do.
Personally, I decided that shooting as a sport under these conditions is not in my family budget. I have enough to cover any of my future hunts and sight-ins before a hunt. I will not be buying anything, nor have I been looking to buy anything. I let the people who "have to have it" get it. Paying 50/60 cents a round for 223 or $5/round for magnums is not in my budget.
In 2018 & 19, I purchase 5.56 Ammo for $0.24 and $0.28 per round in 1000 lots. Then in 2020 it jump to $2.00 per round. It's still in the $0.60 to $0.75 per round. I don't shoot that much. So I don't need any and I won't purchase any yet. I don't think it will get back to that prices, but I believe it will come down more yet. I run the numbers all the time. WATCHING ALL THE TIME.
On getting powder, and primers, I watch. The one thing I don't see is primers. I only get what I really think I need. There 2 powders I can't seem to get my hands on presently. I won't pay much in the $50.00 ranges for 1# of powder. I generally get powder in 8# lots.