Maybe we should all contact this guy

Tyler Kemp

It appears he shoots some amazing groups...

Reviewing 240 grain Matchking bullets-
******* ******* of ******, TN
Rating:
Date Posted: 8/8/2007

Review:
I personally chose this bullet for performance in my .300 RUM for extended yardages. So far it has proven to be a real winner yielding 1.75 inch to 2.58 inch groups at 1200m.

Was this review helpful? Yes | No
5 found it helpful | 1 did not

Either he shoots world record groups, or it was a typo. Even if it was a typo, what could it be? 100 or 200 meter groups this size isn't anything to brag about, and he states extended range.

I can't read an honest typo into this that makes sense. If he was talking MOA.. I'm not impressed. Even with the difference of meter to inch groups it is still amazing groups. Don't know.

But if this guy stands by this statement and claims it to be true... My personal BS meter is pegged and I would probably walk away. He is a legend in his own mind.

I agg'd 2.9" for (8) 5 shot targets at 600yd last year in SD in competiton and still finished 5th for group with a full blown Heavy Gun class BR rifle. And that is a far cry from 1200m's.

He is well under any current established world records in BR competition.

Steve

Steve is this what you are looking for?
bullshitflag.gif

it would be an impressive shooting gun at 1200 ft but to say the "groups" stay under 3" at 1200m, he better get that thing to a 1k competition.

BULLLLLLLLLLLSHHHHHHHHHHHHH it. plain and simple, not a 1200yrds or meters. i know he shot them at 100 and then hung the target and missed the rest. wait i bet he even had it custom loaded by a friend of a friend whos sister's husband did the loading and measurments.

Come on guys, don't me so hard on this guy.

I am sure of what happened. He shot three shots at 1200 meters, went up and estimated where they hit in the dirt and it looked like all three went into one 2 to 3" hole in the dirt. Where the other two went, who knows but that does not matter, only messes up the story line.

The 240 gr SMK is a good bullet. Ballistically, it could be redesigned to rival the 300 gr SMK in 338 easily as its ogive design is rather blunt and it has a long baring surface but as designed, it is an accurate bullet.

I have shot them to 1/2 moa in good conditions at 1K many times. I will say that I have got pared shots into the group size he is talking about but never three shots into that size groups. Not saying its possible but he talks like its a regular thing!!!

One of those would have to see to believe type deals. I agree, he needs to hit the BR curcuit, he would take home alot of hardware!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

He's probably having a laugh that 5 people actually found his review helpful. I'm guessing he knows it's BS and just put it up there for grins.

AJ

i think this guy is dilusional.mark king set the club record at williamsport 1000 yard range with a 4.2" 10 shot group.99 score this year.16.5 lb gun class.this guy can shoot.also builds/shoots his own rifles for a living.jason

He is the same guy that claims his gun shoots in the 1s all day and Eddie Harren makes fun of. Some days this guy claims his guns will shoot one raggedy hole until he runs out of ammo.

I always enjoy those posts because when you click on the guys name and then on "show all posts" you find he has never killed anything.

We need more members like that because it is good entertainment. I mean how else will you get a laugh out of Kirby or get Eddie upset.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.