Should we start to boycot these high prices?

Like I said some of you guys keep swallowing some of the B.S. thats out there about pricing on primers and components. I'll gladly stick that extra 100.00 in my pocket everytime.
Look at Vistas CEO salary last year and what he's gonna get this year. Hmmm.
Christopher Metz CEO Vista
2020 salary - 3.8 Mill
2021salary - 14.0 Mill

Last edited:
I try to support my LGS's as much as I can based on availability. Unless it's really a high ticket item, if they're within 15-20%, I buy there. Sometimes even when they're not. That said, I am super thankful for places like MidwayUSA that have stuff I need that my LGS can't get, fast shipping, great customer service to me, excellent support and how to videos, as well as loyal supporters of the NRA and various hunting related organizations and activities. I see a lot of bashing on them in this thread. To each his own, but I've probably spent less than $4000 there in the last 25 years and yet I've had Larry P answer the phone more than once and have talked to him more than ten times. In my book, he's a great guy making tough choices between price and availability. I doubt he's going to retire soon because of record profits in the last year or two. As has been mentioned, shop where you're happy. I buy a couple other places online, but Midway is always one of the places I check first. Sometimes they're pricey and I pass, but I still respect the business, Larry operates a benchmark business. First class operation in my book!

Like I said some of you guys keep swallowing some of the B.S. thats out there about pricing on primers and components. I'll gladly stick that extra 100.00 in my pocket everytime.
Look at Vistas CEO salary last year and what he's gonna get this year. Hmmm.
Christopher Metz CEO Vista
2020 salary - 3.8 Mill
2021salary - 14.0 Mill
Not true. Salary stayed the same. Stock has gone up so yes his compensation goes up based on stock price. Overall compensation went down $2.2m from 2019-2020 for example.

I work for an ESOP. Works the similarly. Great in good years bad in bad years.

Companies do not sit there making up ways to stroke you, they simply take their cost and pass it on at a percentage, literally some low level employee is entering the invoices and a computer punts out the retail.
The retailers I deal with have all lowered their margins to near zero while their cost of sales has exploded, everyone is just trying to survive this inflation!! Go boycott them, if your successful at this point stores will fold up and disappear leaving less competition and even higher prices in your wake!!
Serious question: Can you explain why primers have increased 300%…if at least part of it isn't taking advantage?

We've become accustomed to "just in time logistics" where the pipeline is the warehouse.

This form of material supply as part of distribution has flaws. Obviously.

Metaphorically, were reloading components water, I'd rather rely on a reservoir in my back yard than a creek that runs through it. Surely most of you have freezers and pantries at home storing some food? Maybe a couple jugs of gas out in the garage?

Plan and execute accordingly.

I buy what I can afford from this great big world of guns and gun supplies but what good is a bunch of reloading supplies if you don't have all you need to reload. IF you can't buy more reloading supplies right now then BUY more ammo for your calibers. The lefties are positioning us right where they want us,,, if we don't BUY, that's what they want anyhow. IF the gun industry gets in a pinch for cash they love it. Empty cartridges aren't going to do any damage to raiding marauders in the streets and in our neighborhoods when it all collapses. It's gang warfare here in Mobile. Three murders this Easter Sunday morning.

I buy what I can afford from this great big world of guns and gun supplies but what good is a bunch of reloading supplies if you don't have all you need to reload. IF you can't buy more reloading supplies right now then BUY more ammo for your calibers. The lefties are positioning us right where they want us,,, if we don't BUY, that's what they want anyhow. IF the gun industry gets in a pinch for cash they love it. Empty cartridges aren't going to do any damage to raiding marauders in the streets and in our neighborhoods when it all collapses. It's gang warfare here in Mobile. Three murders this Easter Sunday morning.
Well said.

Companies do not sit there making up ways to stroke you, they simply take their cost and pass it on at a percentage, literally some low level employee is entering the invoices and a computer punts out the retail.
The retailers I deal with have all lowered their margins to near zero while their cost of sales has exploded, everyone is just trying to survive this inflation!! Go boycott them, if your successful at this point stores will fold up and disappear leaving less competition and even higher prices in your wake!!
Where I live there are 2 shops across the highway from each other, and about 7 miles away. I bought 2k primers from one of them for $65 per 1000 and he made his standard mark up, across the highway they were $125 per 1000 and he said that they were selling to people putting them on GB to sell, the third shop was at $88 per 1000. In the future I will give my business to where I bought them for $65. The manufacturers and for the most part the wholesalers are not gouging. If a seller is out of line don't give them your money. If people will stop panic buying it will improve.