Should we start to boycot these high prices?

Good ole Saturday morning entertainment.

F62CA20C-B621-4183-9B55-0F77878340B8.gif

I'm am wondering if I (we) should start to boycot these companies that are bending us over, charging these extortionate prices on reloading supplies. This high price greed is not ok. They are praying on the pandemic pricing craze. There is no way that their raw materials have gone up that much to warrant these high prices. Maybe we need to just say "enough of this crap. Stuff your prices!"
Yep everyone should

Like I said i believe what my LGS owner tells me untill somebody in the same exact business tells or shows me different
I feel I can trust then I will continue my beliefs. Ive had him open his pricing book and show me what he pays for products then add his profit margin and it comes out to exactly what his shelf price is.

ABC costing is based on production not after it leaves production to consumers and distributors.
I assure you he is not " absorbing" anything he has a percentage he marks up and thats it.
NO! ABC is inherent to ALL businesses, in short, your LGS has his own ABC is different from where he gets his goods to sell. ABC accounts associated with the business operations, I.e., rent, human and capital equipment, etc.
So your trying to convince me my local LGS can sell the exact same powder for 50.00 less because of than others because of ABC costs
No, far from it. He needs to operate for the survivability and sustainability of his business. Again, if he is happy where he is at, more power to him.

To bring prices back will take a correction event that we don't want to go through!! The last couple years has fundamentally changed manufacturing and retail in such a way it will take a complete reboot!!
Inflation is running 8 to 9 % on average......Thats for the universe of all goods.....some things have gone up 30 to 50%.

The federal reserve is going to take away the punch bowl, the needles,
the funny smoke, and your underwear by raising interest rates to 12% this next year. With average inflation running 8%, they will need to hit at least 12% to begin crushing inflation.......but it wont just be inflation they crush.....its gonna be the whole economy. Get ready for a nice big fat recession in 2023.

Booms are followed by?

Busts.....The cure for high prices is?

High Prices....

Gunbroker idiots will be eating
rice and beans, and all their 300% mark up supplies.

Policy matters. You cannot print money like water, and spend 4 trillion here and 4 trillion there, shut down all drilling and pipelines, and
regulate producers into the ground and have a stable dollar, stable markets, cheap goods and a smooth running economy.

There are consequences for stupid.

We are paying now, but will all pay even more later.

IMHO recession next year unless Fed is disbanded or stacked by the Communists w cronies......then its Venezuela 2.0, a wheel barrow of 100 dollar bills for a loaf of bread, and leaves for toilet paper....

The cause and affect Inflation started when you know who took office. In November we have a chance to change who's in office of the house and senate then in 2024 we can change who's in the white house and America's inflation will go down so will all other prices, boycotting only hurts the small guy at this time they are trying to protect feed their family too.

Like I said i believe what my LGS owner tells me untill somebody in the same exact business tells or shows me different
I feel I can trust then I will continue my beliefs. Ive had him open his pricing book and show me what he pays for products then add his profit margin and it comes out to exactly what his shelf price is.
Keep in mind that is HIS pricing book with HIS margin, economic factors ect. There are so many variables that may require an extra 5-20%.

I personally call on 2 dealers that are .6 miles away from each other. One has to pay an extra 4% due to the location of his store. That 4% has to be made up somewhere . That's only one variable .

Seriously that is not even reality, ask him if he would like to have Midways cost of sales percentage?
What everyone buys for is only the front half of pricing, you have to recover your total cost of sales.
There are many companies that are doubling their pay to even keep marginal employees. If your a company that ships, holy cow your going to get slammed hard, all the costs AFTER purchasing the wholesale product is what is driving the price differences!!!

The 30 Year Mortgage Rates, are now, OVER 5%,.. the "Brakes" on this Inflation Chit, HAVE been,.."Tapped",.. by the Fed !
In a Short while, we will start to see, the First effects of a "Slow Down", in Real Estate sales.
Young People, with Families, will NOT be able, to afford, the Monthly Payments, on these, Sky HIGH, Priced Homes.
On a Brighter Note,. I saw some Sierra Bullets, back in Stock at, a REASONABLE price at, a Local Walmart ,.. YIPPEE !!!

I'm am wondering if I (we) should start to boycot these companies that are bending us over, charging these extortionate prices on reloading supplies. This high price greed is not ok. They are praying on the pandemic pricing craze. There is no way that their raw materials have gone up that much to warrant these high prices. Maybe we need to just say "enough of this crap. Stuff your prices!"
In most cases it's supply and demand only driving up the prices; at least with powder and primers. Ironically, boycotting the companies making them would solve the supply issue. There's millions of new shooters and reloaders, just a couple boxes of ammo and primers each and you have a huge increased demand.

I'm usually behind the curve on stuff like this, but after Obama's re-election saw it coming, and was Powder Valley's best customer for 2016-17, and already had brass and bullets.

Maybe living in the unconstitutional People's Republik here in California gave me a sneak peek into future restrictions, but that was also before the influx of new gun owners. I know Hodgdon and Federal and Winchester are going 24/7 to meet demand. Anyway, I'm good on everything through 2050 at least, thankfully.😉

Last edited:

Recent Posts