Should we start to boycot these high prices?

The root of the problem began just when the first state began lockdowns just before the BLM riots. I remember because as soon as I heard that I knew there would be a run on guns, ammo and reloading supplies, because unfortunately this type of thing has played out over, and over, and over again. And It happened regardless of who was in office.

I bought many thousands of primers and stocked up on bullets and some powders. I have only needed to pay a premium on some additional powder.

No offense but this sort of thing is fairly predictable.
And this is where it all started,so whos at fault?

I'm am wondering if I (we) should start to boycot these companies that are bending us over, charging these extortionate prices on reloading supplies. This high price greed is not ok. They are praying on the pandemic pricing craze. There is no way that their raw materials have gone up that much to warrant these high prices. Maybe we need to just say "enough of this crap. Stuff your prices!"
Yes. Stop buying. Most new "panic buyers" have slowed down considerably. If we stop buying, the the change will be felt immediately. We need to stop the madness and let these companies know that we're not going to be conditioned to pay 2-3 times what this stuff is worth. Luckily I was well stocked and have only had to buy a case of 9mm Nato and a bit of .270 win. during the whole scamdemic price hike.

It is your prerogative to boycott, but I would go at the root of the problem which has caused the high inflation. The opportunity begins in November and again two years later…just saying.

Attachments

• he's right.jpg
    he's right.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 64
From what I've seen primers are the largest bump in price out of all the components. A simple lack of components and high demand drives the prices up but of the ammo, projectiles and powders I've seen, it's not that bad. Ive adjusted and only shoot within my means.

I firmly believe these high prices aren't LGSs price gouging, it's inflation. You can't literally print off trillions over two years and have nothing to back it up with. Everything costs more now.
They claim 8.5% inflation. I have complete confidence that's a lie and that's it's actually much higher!

We should be, but we should also be boycotting fuel prices, Chinese made goods, unconstitutional laws, etc... but we don't.

I firmly believe these high prices aren't LGSs price gouging, it's inflation. You can't literally print off trillions over two years and have nothing to back it up with. Everything costs more now.
They claim 8.5% inflation. I have complete confidence that's a lie and that's it's actually much higher!
You believe that then explain to me why my local SMALL LGS can sell 8 lbs of 568 fir 306.00 and Midway , Brownells and the likes are .354.00 its simply because people will pay it.
I guess its because my local LGS gets a " deal"

Oh I forgot its shipping, overhead, inflation, component costs.
Oh hes not making a profit!!!

You believe that then explain to me why my local SMALL LGS can sell 8 lbs of 568 fir 306.00 and Midway , Brownells and the likes are .354.00 its simply because people will pay it.
I guess its because my local LGS gets a " deal"
It's not that they are jacking you it's that a company like Midway has much higher overhead at this time, your local gun shop probably hasn't seen the massive cost increases and are not worried about keeping and paying hundreds of employees. Your local store has to cut a check for a few grand worth of inventory at a wack, Midway a few hundred thousand. Many of the tiered discounts have disappeared also so many large volume retailers are buying at the same wholesale prices as the small guy who can keep the doors open on a much smaller margin!!

Recent Posts