Shooting off your house’s deck

Keep it simple , shoot prone....

This was my first through tenth vote, but over my deck is a shed and under that both cars are parked along with a John Deere Gator. I would shoot one of the three right smack in the windshield.

I have thought long and hard about the prone option but it just ain't there.

Could park the wife's car out in the sun but I wouldn't be seeing her for a couple of days or so...at least until the swelling in both my eyes went down enough...

This was my first through tenth vote, but over my deck is a shed and under that both cars are parked along with a John Deere Gator. I would shoot one of the three right smack in the windshield.

I have thought long and hard about the prone option but it just ain't there.

Could park the wife's car out in the sun but I wouldn't be seeing her for a couple of days or so...at least until the swelling in both my eyes went down enough...
Well, maybe if you moved her car first, then yell ''fire in the hole'' your wife would only black 1 eye.......... look at Roy, he uses his manners and gets 1/2 the bed......
Just make sure whatever you shoot is worth it:D

How about a set up like this?

hot_tub_hunter.jpg

Good luck!

Ed

Roy reminded me of the time the police came to my house. I'm semi-rural just inside city limits with a neighbor about 300 yards from the house. Cop said neighbor had called because her dog was freaked out by the noise and was sh!tting all over the house and how it was illegal to discharge a firearm inside city limits. I explained to him that I wasn't shooting but fire forming brass to 25-06AI with Blue Dot and a wad of toilet paper and how fireworks were legal and this was essentially the same thing. After some deliberation he agreed after watching me fire one off and left.

Edge, If there is any 'announcement" from the bathroom after CHILI night, I'd be interested if a chrony was used to measure velocities. :D:D...Man this thread has gone way off track.

I'm jealous, you guys are having all the fun living in the country. :D
That was great fireforming and scaring the $**** out of that ladies dog.
All I can do is use my pellet rifle to control the neighbor hood pesky birds.
When I lived in Ohio, across the street were houses and behind them about 2 miles of woods. I used my dresser to shoot crows with the 25-06 in a big old dead tree about 250 yds away over the tops of the houses. They were single story houses and I lived in a 2 story. I would close the window right after I shot because some of the neighbors would come outside and wonder what it was. They never called the cops, I was lucky.
Tarey

I kick open the front door, use the coffe table as a rest my range is 30 yards. I live in the bush in northern B.C. When I touch of the ought 6 it do rattle the windows some. Scared to try the 375H&H, I do believe the windows would not hold up too good. 30 yards is a perfect distance to bore site. By the time I get to the range I am already on paper.

Eaglesnestar, Scared to try the 375H&H, I do believe the windows would not hold up too good.

If you ever do decide to try the 375H&H out the window, then by all means please video:D.

Eaglesnester, Try opening all the windows and sometimes hanging a towel or blanket in front of the window will buffer the shockwave a bit.

Not that I'm condoning discharging a firearm in the city limits, but if I were...I'd move back into the house as far as I could, open all the windows I could and hang dark towels over them. The upside is that the location is hard to pinpoint because the sound is both muffled and re-distributed. The down side is that you can't see anyone approaching if you're shooting out the front door. Almost need a spotter to make it safe. No big deal on the second story however.

Also, the open windows tend to ventilate the gunpowder smell rapidly so the wife doesn't figure things out when she gets home from working all day while we think of ways to shoot at things from within our house. :D

Liked the hot tub shot! Now that's hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.