Shoot to Distance Rangefinder(s)

mackgee

Are there any other rangefinder companies that give you a shoot to range like the Gunwerks one does. I have a custom turret for the load in my gun. I know that you can input that data into the Gunwerks rangefinder and it will then take the temperature, atmospherics, and angle, and then give you a shoot to range so you can just dial up that yardage and shoot. Do any other companies have the ability to do that or is it just gunwerks?

Mac

My old, cheap Nikon Riflehunter 550 does it. I bet many others do as well.
Are you thinking of the 'equivalent horizontal range' or a truly range equivalent calculation?

I'm not aware of any other devices/software/apps that do this. I would guess Gunwerks has a copywrite or patent on the technique.

If you're talking about angle compensation rangefinders there are many. One of the best for the money in my book would be sig kilo series. I have the kilo2200 and it compensates angle And gives you moa adjustments in screen for your specific parameters. If you have your numbers right they have been very accurate for me.

For outputs corrected to set yardage turrets, I pretty sure the G7 from Gunwerks to be the only ballistic RF that does this, at least with the programming sophistication of the G7. My two other ballistic RF's with a comparable level of programming capability, my Sig 2400 and Kestrel 5700(Bluetooth to Terrapin X) , do not have this capability.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.