Serial Numbere on Swarovski Binoculars

DB Bill

I just fell into a used pair of Swarovski 8x30 SLC's and can't find the serial number on the binoculars....the box they came in have a ser # but I sure can't find it on the binoculars.....where do they hide it?

I dont know about the SLC's but my 10x42 EL's # is located under the focus wheel. Under meaning it snaps backwards to allow for finer focusing for one eye to compensate for eyes that are not equal but have differant charecteristics. When you slide the wheel back, the # is under the wheel. On my range finder its under the battery. They are masters at hiding serial numbers. Look in any available movable or removable part.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I took out my magnifiying glass and put the binocs under a strong light and the ser# is on the hinge between the two sections of the binoculars....... the hinge appears to be coated (black) and it's hard to see the numbers without a strong light. I must say it's unobtrusive.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.