Sendero VS police

2manytrucks

I'm buying a new rifle in 300wm. Ive narrowed it down to the sendero ll and police models. Which do you guys prefer and why? Arent they basically the same besides one being stainless fluted and the other parkerized non fluted? I can get the police model about $215 cheaper. I'm gonna be using it for target practice and hunting. Thanks

I own a Sendero in 7mm RUM and a 700P in 338 Lapua Mag. If I had to choose between the two models I'd go with the 700P. The 338 cost me quite a bit more than the Sendero but I think it's worth the money. Let me explain why. I really like the Sendero/VSSF platform and own several but the 7RUM just was not as accurate as it should have been.I think the problem was in the large amount of free bore Remington puts in the RUM guns (.40"). It's back at the Remington factory right now looking for a cure. The Sendero action is a regular production run item. The Remington Rep said that because the 700P is considered a Police weapon it was held to a tighter tolerance because they guarantee a certain degree of accuracy for these guns. He would not say that the action was blueprinted but he did say that the action and barrel were squared. The 700P shoots less than half inch groups and the Sendero won't shoot less than 1 1/2". The 700P has a detachable box magazine, which I like. It also has a muzzle brake which really helps with the 338. LM. I wish the 7 RUM had one. It kicks twice as bad. I do wish the 700P had a full 26" barrel not counting the muzzle brake. The 700P has the great 40X trigger while the Sendero has the Xmark trigger. The Mark is Okay but it's not a wrong.

Now that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

I own a Sendero in 7mm RUM and a 700P in 338 Lapua Mag. If I had to choose between the two models I'd go with the 700P. The 338 cost me quite a bit more than the Sendero but I think it's worth the money. Let me explain why. I really like the Sendero/VSSF platform and own several but the 7RUM just was not as accurate as it should have been.I think the problem was in the large amount of free bore Remington puts in the RUM guns (.40"). It's back at the Remington factory right now looking for a cure. The Sendero action is a regular production run item. The Remington Rep said that because the 700P is considered a Police weapon it was held to a tighter tolerance because they guarantee a certain degree of accuracy for these guns. He would not say that the action was blueprinted but he did say that the action and barrel were squared. The 700P shoots less than half inch groups and the Sendero won't shoot less than 1 1/2". The 700P has a detachable box magazine, which I like. It also has a muzzle brake which really helps with the 338. LM. I wish the 7 RUM had one. It kicks twice as bad. I do wish the 700P had a full 26" barrel not counting the muzzle brake. The 700P has the great 40X trigger while the Sendero has the Xmark trigger. The Mark is Okay but it's not a wrong.

Now that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

The police model I'm looking at is a lower end model then that. I couldn't find one like yours in 300wm, Ive see one like yours and like it but I have a 338RUM so it'll be a while before I can convince people I need a lapua lol. The one I'm looking at doesn't have a brake or box magazine, it looks just like the sendero except it's parkerized instead of SS. I can't even really tell a differance in stock.

Unless Rem puts an accuracy guarantee in writing on the model(s) you're looking at, then it'll be luck of the draw.

So, go with the one that feels best to you.

just my $.02

I have a 700P in .308 and I love it. I am still finding a load it likes. But I only have 200 rounds through it. I have found a few loads that is under 1/2 mow and one that is 1/4 mow. I really like the HS Precision stock that came stock with the gun. Didn't think I would like the palm swell but I love.

Jason

I have a 700P in .308 and I love it. I am still finding a load it likes. But I only have 200 rounds through it. I have found a few loads that is under 1/2 mow and one that is 1/4 mow. I really like the HS Precision stock that came stock with the gun. Didn't think I would like the palm swell but I love.

Jason

I don't have one to look at prior to ordering, what is the forearm like on it? Quite flat? How wide? Thanks

I have owned a couple of the first generation Sendero's (7mmRM & .300WinMag) and they were very accurate. I own a Sendero SF in .25-06 and a 700P in 7mmRM (my youngest son currently has it). I like the feel of the older stocks without the palm swell.
All have been equally accurate and the 700P was really sweet when I fed it 150gn Ballistic Tips ahead of a max load of IMR4350 and BR2's. This load shot in the .2's @ 3240fps.
I have no experience with the newer Sendero II's and probably won't. JohnnyK.

It's really not that bad. My hands aren't that big and I still can get it around the palm swell. It also makes you hold the gun different. Not like you hold your regular stocks on other guns. I am not around to get an actual measurement of the palm swell but I would probably say its about 3 inches in width.

Jason

Well as it turns out the win mag was unavailable in both models. I opted for the .300RUM sendero figure when I burn the barrel up I'll be ready for something new anyway. Thanks for the input

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.