Sendero Newer vs Older

Broz

I purchased ( for a friend) an older 300 win sendero ( non-fluted black barrel) and it shoots very well at distance. Now he has a friend that wants me to set one up for him. I will most likely do another 300 win and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the newer SS fluted versions?

Are they less accurate? the same? less accurate? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

I have one of the new ones 300 win mag. I did not shoot the gun before having work done on it. Jim at center shot rifles did the work. The chamber is concentric - it is long so he installed a wyatts box, recut the crown, installed his 3 port brake, bedded it, lapped the lugs, adjustable cheek piece and did a trigger job. The gun shoots extremely well with H-1000, 185 gr berger vld hunting bullets seated .03 off the lands and CCI 250 mag primers. Best group at 100yds was .27 - ( i havent figured out how to post pics yet - if you go to his web site - look in the gallery under testimonials you will see a picture of the target).

The only complaint I have is the palm swell on the stock - just dont really care for it.

Last edited:
Havent gone past 100 yet. The range by my house only goes out to 100yds. I do belong to a club about an hour away. I hope to get there soon - hopefully this coming weekend. They have a 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000yd range.

BROZ- my friend and i have several 300 wm senderos of the various vintages. they all shoot good. 72 to 72.5 of re-22 and a berger 210 . wlrm primers. lapua brass. roninflag

BROZ- my friend and i have several 300 wm senderos of the various vintages. they all shoot good. 72 to 72.5 of re-22 and a berger 210 . wlrm primers. lapua brass. roninflag

Roy, so you don't see much difference in the SS fluted barrels? I need it to hold 1 moa out to 800 or 1000.

Thanks for your reply.

Jeff

my son in law shot a 15 shot group you could cover with a sheet of note book paper with his cuurent vintage ssf at 1000 yards. , my son shot a similar size group with mine . my sendero is stainless but does not have the palm swell or the black flutes, earlier vintage. both have a vais brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.