sendero sf11 or milspec 5r?

also cartridge availability is one of my concerns. I don't load anything yet, so I'd like the opportunity to purchase some of the "luxury end ammo" off the shelf. Thanks for all of the replies and help.
Lots of very good premium ammo available for the 300 RUM and 7mm STW. The Rum has gotten to be so popular even small mom and pop shops tend to carry it these days.

As long as you have an internet connection, have 24-48hrs and are within the CONUS you can get whatever you want.

There are also several custom loaders whom will tailor a load just for your rifle if you like.

I bought a Sendero in 300 RUM in 2010 to use on Colorado elk hunts when I do not want to lug my 15 lb. 338 Edge up the steeper slopes. I skim bedded the Sendero and installed a Jewel trigger. It shoots 1 inch groups at 200 yards with 180 gr. Barnes TTSX bullets at 3265 fps. My load is 97.0 grains of Retumbo, CCI 250 primers and RP brass.

I was very happy to take this nice bull with it on 11/6/11 near Cimarron, CO.

Outstanding Howard! Performance is everything. All else is BS. I know those Senderos are shooters. Especially with a good trigger and a little tweaking.

I bought a Sendero in 300 RUM in 2010 to use on Colorado elk hunts when I do not want to lug my 15 lb. 338 Edge up the steeper slopes. I skim bedded the Sendero and installed a Jewel trigger. It shoots 1 inch groups at 200 yards with 180 gr. Barnes TTSX bullets at 3265 fps. My load is 97.0 grains of Retumbo, CCI 250 primers and RP brass.

I was very happy to take this nice bull with it on 11/6/11 near Cimarron, CO.
Verny nice animal!

That photo pretty much says it all.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.