Sako trg (used) vs Remington milspec 5r

https://i.imgur.com/x5fOxOc.gifv
Here I miss your popcorn muncher!

Steve
L:DL!

x5fOxOc.gifv

Have been behind the trigger of TRG a few times. Like everyone is saying the TRG is in a class by itself. The trigger is adjustable in length and horizontal and vertical pitch. You can adjust it to fit your trigger finger perfectly. It is the only trigger, I know of, like this. To say it is awesome is almost an understatement.

Might consider getting the TRG for the deal it is and then get a cheap Savage 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 for a plinking and training rifle.

Love my 5R 308. Shoots pretty well! However the trigger sucked. Put a tinmey in it and couldn't be happier. I don't have any issues with the stock.

(Just doing a re-cap to help the OP in his decision-making process).

The OP wants a rifle for target shooting at 600 and 900 yards and asked which one to buy ....

A new Remington 700 milspec 5r in 308W and a Bushnell elite 6500 (everything 2700€)

uhai7cr.jpg

or

A used Sako TRG 42 in 300WM+ Burris Xtrem tactical 6-24x50 (everything 2000€) from a friend of a friend. Rifle was used for hunting but condition unknown at this time.

suUd6Gm.jpg

Which one would you choose?

Last edited:
Even if it's a trg-s, he's still better off because if the action quality I'd say. Maybe he'll let us know when he decides, really need a picture of these 2 rigs

Well, I have green blood flowing through my veins, I have shot a 5r, in 308, and sls shot a friends TRG, about ten years ago, and I gotta admit, i had a really tough time putting it down. It's a classy rifle, its actually in a class of its own, and it pains me to say this, but on both, at their best, my vote goes to the Sako. That thing just ROCKS, and cleans, like no other barrel I've ever cleaned, except my Sako 75, that I had a few years ago.
Tough vote, TRG! GO for it!

Well, I have green blood flowing through my veins, I have shot a 5r, in 308, and sls shot a friends TRG, about ten years ago, and I gotta admit, i had a really tough time putting it down. It's a classy rifle, its actually in a class of its own, and it pains me to say this, but on both, at their best, my vote goes to the Sako. That thing just ROCKS, and cleans, like no other barrel I've ever cleaned, except my Sako 75, that I had a few years ago.
Tough vote, TRG! GO for it!

Because you Sir have an open mind!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.