Sendero LH

marketello

I think I am leaning towards trying to find a Sendero LH in Rem 7mag.

I think this might be a little heavy for CA hunting but I think if I go with a 140grn I might be alright.

Who knows how long ago Remington made a LH Sendero, or should I say stopped making the LH.
I would email Remington, but they are to slow to respond, and they use as few words as they can.

I knew it was too good to be true.
I know remington doesn't make a LH Sendero in 2004, but I thought in the past they had, I was going to look for a used one.

Remington Sendero LH .223 Rem caliber left hand rifle with 6.5x20 target scope. $795.00 see picture Item# R2343
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/r2343.htm

Just looking around on the net I have seen a few used ones. Don't know how many, what years, or what calibers they were made, or do you think these are not really Senderos? maybe just a VS.
Sendero LH

The Sendero rifles were/are long actions and the VS are short action calibers. I have never seen a LH Sendero, but wish they would make it. I have a 223 VS-LH that shoots very good. The only factory LH heavy barrel rifles I know of are short action calibers only. Sort of strange since the sporter weight LH rifles are more prolific in long actions. Good luck ... Mike

GREENHORN
I too am a left hand shooter and desperately wanted a Senderro,i fell for the stainless fluted version.But to the best of my knowledge Remington never offered this rifle in L/H.I made do with a VS in .308 which is a fine rifle but is no Senderro.I then came accross a brand new barrel off a stainless fluted senderro that some chap had ditched because he only wanted the action and stock for a project.It was chambered in 25/06 and cost me £100.I then bought a L/H BDL in 270,ditched the 270 barrel,attached and head spaced the 25/06 senderro barrel and glass bedded it into an old senderro stock, which i picked up for £50.The stock had to be converted to L/H but that was not difficult.
The whole project only cost about the same as a new SSF Senderro and is a real tack driver.
I`m afraid that if the big manufacturers wont build what us lefties want, then we will have to build them ourselves.

GOOD LUCK.
BRIT.

TALLY HO.

When I posted earlier. I had forgotten about "the other" Sendero. I had a SF and had assumed that's what you meant.
I still didnt think either version of the Sendero came LH.

I would love a Sendero SF/LH!!

That pic sure looks a lot like my Rem. VSLH.
confused.gif

If it's a Sendero, it should be stamped on the action, no??

You could build a LH Sendero. Buy an LSS Remington for the SS action and a LH VS HS Precision stock and have a gunsmith install a fluted heavy-weight SS barrel in the caliber of your choice. It wouldn't be cheap but you'd have what you want. Probably close to the price of a new KS gun. To save a little money you could enlarge the barrel channel on the LSS stock for the larger contour of the heavy-weight barrel, that would save you several hundred dollars.

Pat S.

[ 11-24-2004: Message edited by: Pat S. ]

Couldn't a gunsmith order the action from remington also? Why buy the rifle just for the action if you intend to buy all the other parts?
Remington won't sell their actions? What would happen if you bought a rifle and the action was some how ruined, the rifle would have to be parted out?

I believe that Rem only manufactures left hand rifles in the BDL, VS, and 40X models.

Traditionally, Remington refused to sell actions or bolts, even to licensed gunsmiths. When actions could be located, they cost more than buying a complete rifle at Wally World. Most guys would buy the complete rifle and sell off the barrel and stock for about $125.

My long search for a LH, short-action biggame rifle left me with an older model Tikka 595 which is smooth as silk and shoots < 1.5" @ 200yds with handloads. It occasionally shoots groups even smaller.

Although I'm not much of a Winchester fan, it may be a good alternative for us southpaws.
smile.gif

I don't own any. Never have. But Savage seems to be South Paw friendly. Maybe worth me looking into...sakofan..Lots of options for "special handed" shooters!

I'm a lefty but have a right handed Sendero, (and a left handed VS .308). Honestly, I don't notice the difference between the two except that the right handed gun is more convenient for a lefty to shoot from the prone position or bench...go figure. For offhand shooting ,(which I rarely do with the Sendero because it's so heavy), I can still get a quick followup shot if needed.

I'd just go for the RH.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.