Laminated sendero

oldfamily

Found a rifle that could be a start to a custom rifle. The rifle is a blued laminated sendero. I have never heard of a sendero that has a laminated stock. Rifle is a 300 ultra never out of the box. What kind of stock would this rifle have on it. I have not seen it myself, a guy a work just let me know about it Friday. THinking 270AM or 7mmAM.

Oldfamily,

This is a pic of the 7mm AM I used this fall on my whitetail hunt in Alberta. This stock is one I found at a local gunshow. It is one of the old Rem laminate Sendero stocks. They did not make alot of these and then switched to the composite sendero stock but there were a few made.

Now they are coming out with this again it sounds like. I really like the stock. Basically the same as the Rem 700 Short Action VLS but in a Long action design instead. For a hunting rifle, I just prefer the feel of wood to that of composite. Both work great though.

If these stocks are pillared and bedded properly, they are basically as stable as the best composite stocks on the market today.

348297.jpg

28" wide whitetail ain't to bad either, hee, hee, hee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

You know you got a good deer when the rack makes the barrel on your rifle look short. I was thinking of picking this rifle up and playing with it and then look at one of your allen mags for a rebirth. The guy who owns it has had it under his bed for the last 2 and a half years.

oldfanily:

It's a trick, don't believe it. That's a little gun with a little, short barrel. That's why the rack looks so big.

Just kidding... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...Actually I've seen that rack up close and in person and it's a very large, impressive whitetail rack.

That's also a 30" barrel so the rack really is as big as it looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby you have worked with this type stock before. What length barrel and caliber would be best for this set up. Also what would be the easiest Allen Mag to work with. I will email you about the details. Kirby real nice whitetail, I got an eight point that has a 1/8 in tip to tip spread. Kind of neat looking. g-2's cross in the back. Any way if this set up would work for a start on an Allen Mag I will do some wheelin and dealin. Thanks Oldfamily.

I have one in 300WM, I bought it in 1995 in Walmart Supercenter in Bentenville AR. of all places. It is extremely accurate & one of my favorite rifles.

Oldfamily,

Thanks for the e-mail, NICE buck!!

That stock will handle any barrel that the Rem 700 will handle. In my opinion, the receiver should be limited to a #8 Lilja contour out to 30" in length. I have built many Rem 700s with this barrel contour and all work great and are VERY accurate so there is no receiver flexing issues with this weight of a barrel but I would not push it any heavier then this.

The barrel on the rifle in the pic is a 30" #7 contour Lilja to give you an idea.

For my AMs, a 270 AM is by far the easiest to work with for the performance level you get. TO be honest, its no differnet then loading say a 7mm RUM except that its a bit more ballistically potent when using the right bullets.

Other AMs are faster and others can drive heavier bullets but for the ease of loading and extreme performance level of the 270 AM, its VERY hard to beat with any other round, wildcat or standard offering.

I do recommend a 27" barrel length as min for my rounds. There to 30" is what you want for a portable rifle. I also recommend a #6 contour as minimum and a #8 as max in a conventionally pillar bedded Rem 700 rifle or any factory receiver based rifle.

Post some pics of your buck on here, its a very unique rack, many would be interested in seeing that, thanks for sharing with me!! I am a whitetail nut and always like to see big whitetails!!

Kirby Allen(50)

NOW THAT IS COOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And I thought my 8 pt buck with PALMATURED points (like a moose) was interesting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts