Selling stuff to purchase LRH rifle

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Anyone else sell their soul for firearms?
$899 for an SKS are they worth something now? Never paid them too much attention!

Personally I'd skip Christensen and I own two that shoot good but their track record is kinda bad. Out of those options I'd get a tikka for $8-900 and a new stock, trigger spring, and possibly a prefit. The seekins are nice but everyone has one now haha. I've done a bit of load work on one and I wasn't super impressed but they are a nice rifle. I just have to try to remember to not compare a sub 2k rifle to a full blown custom. They're a decent rifle for the price and I'd choose one over a Christensen if I wasn't looking for ultralight. I think you'd be happy with either. Tikka bolt locks closed when the safety is on and that's important to me for a hunting gun. I really like the tikka action although the havak isn't a slouch of an action either. If you want a one and done approach go seekins. If you enjoy tinkering and having a bit more hands on approach I'd go tikka and upgrade things as you go.

I do this a lot. Be careful on the purchase side.….well, on the selling side too. For example, I have a S&W 547 which I use to look at and plink with once a year. I could get $1600 pretty easy for that. It will be worth over $2000 in a couple years…surely.

If I sold 4 of that to fund a custom build, I'd have $6400. Pretty good custom rifle with scope. Like I said, in 2-5 years, those revolvers, like your sks, will increase in value. That $6400 rifle will be worth $3500 scoped after 300 rounds. The problem with used customs is you are always buying not something you don't quite align to if you were spec'ing a build and why was it sold?

My point is custom costs a lot with little resale value. On thing I always ask for is the Gunsmiths name, logo, address, somewhere on the barrel, engraved.

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Anyone else sell their soul for firearms?
I sold two firearms in my life close to 40 years ago. I was young and stupid. Regreted it ever since. Only buy now.

Nope…..haven't sold off things to make a new purchase…..but, have made sacrifices for months (year or more) to be able to fund a firearm that I really wanted!

Then a while later had to give the "ex" 1/2 of it's value in the divorce settlement! Perhaps that's part of the reason I consider the rifle "priceless"! 😉 memtb

I've sold guns that were place holders of sorts. Or something I thought I wanted but then discovered the twist rate wasn't something I wanted. I've sold those to buy others or trade for others. Almost every gun I've sold has been replaced with something newer/better.

What kind of chainsaw are you wanting to get rid of?

I do this a lot. Be careful on the purchase side.….well, on the selling side too. For example, I have a S&W 547 which I use to look at and plink with once a year. I could get $1600 pretty easy for that. It will be worth over $2000 in a couple years…surely.

If I sold 4 of that to fund a custom build, I'd have $6400. Pretty good custom rifle with scope. Like I said, in 2-5 years, those revolvers, like your sks, will increase in value. That $6400 rifle will be worth $3500 scoped after 300 rounds. The problem with used customs is you are always buying not something you don't quite align to if you were spec'ing a build and why was it sold?

My point is custom costs a lot with little resale value. On thing I always ask for is the Gunsmiths name, logo, address, somewhere on the barrel, engraved.
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

I've sold many off and on through the years.

I have those handed down from dad and grandpa which will never be sold but in reality the sentimental value far outweighs the monetary value.

I have also have some nice rimfires which I don't intend to sell as well as a couple shot guns and a very clean 1895 marlin.

I have two full custom hunting rifle with high end glass and one Simi-custom target rifle. That's become my limit for high end rifles. If I want a new one I sell one.

Guessing it is a paratrooper. They do hold a higher value than the standard SKS
I think the combination of COVID related Logistics and the war in Ukraine have caused those "values" to go up. $150 sks rifle now sells for $800+. You can still find Chinese sks for around $400, but the European made communist block are twice that.