Second Time Shooting FT/R @100 Yards

Jezzro2004

Shot this group with some left over bullets I had I seen a post somewhere online that some had good luck shooting 100 yard groups with amax bullets with 43.5 gr varget so I give it a try and the moly coated done the best, I shot this 4 shot group with Lapua Brass, 168gr AMAX Moly, 43.5 Varget, Win Mag Primers, bullet ogive-2.250, these 4 bullets, had run out less than .003 on the sin-clair run-out gauge. pretty good group to not have played with powder or bullet seat depth yet! copper fouling was minimal as well as powder fouling compared to first time shooting it with the 175's. Cant wait to get more bullets to experiment with! Wish now I would have chronoed this group was too lazy though and had alot to do,lol. next time I will though. The AMAXs definatley outdone the 175 smk at 100 yards. I wish amax done better than what they do at 600+ yards...
4%20shots%20168%20amax%2043.5%20varget%20win%20mag%20primer%20lapua%20brass.jpg

Only thing that has me worried now is my scope is bottomed out with 20 moa rail at 100 yards I plan to use 155 gr for long range so I am afriad ill be zeroing at a further distance than 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.