Shooting 500+ yards

Sparten1181

Hello my name is Justice I currently have a 30-06 R700gun) i am getting the CZ .308 sniper riflegun). I have seen the Drop Charts up to 500 yards but no higher than that. My goal is to be able to hit a human sized target at 1 mile (1760yards). i am trying to become accurate for USMC all i want to know is how to calculate the info it properly shoot up to 1 mile and know what you need to calculate. Help me out guys :):)

You are going to have a bit of a problem stretching a 308 to 1700. It's probably been done
but not on a reliable basis.

Get a ballistics program , Shooter is a good one , as is FTE and Ballistics. And start
reading.

When are you going in?

well i under stand that a .308 wouldnt be a good gun for that but when i say shooting a mile i mean with a gun with toughs capabilities like .338, .50 BMG, .408.... I am joining in less than 1.5 years i have a problem with my schooling that i must take care of

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.