Scope selection??

Ok decision is made sightron SIII ffp 6-24mh model

You might want to research a little more first... There was a guy on this forum who had to return a Sightron in FFP due to the reticle almost totally disapearing at low power with FFP.

Not trying to start a brand war here or anything. I have a Sightron III 8-32 in SFP and love it. But I think Sightron uses their fine lined reticle, used in the SFP scopes, on their FFP scope also. Most FFP scope makers use a heavier reticle in their FFP scopes. Vortex does this. A fine reticle in a FFP scope may well be hard to see.

Check this youtube view of a FFP Sightron reticle.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to research a little more first... There was a guy on this forum who had to return a Sightron in FFP due to the reticle almost totally disapearing at low power with FFP.

Not trying to start a brand war here or anything. I have a Sightron III 8-32 in SFP and love it. But I think Sightron uses their fine lined reticle, used in the SFP scopes, on their FFP scope also. Most FFP scope makers use a heavier reticle in their FFP scopes. Vortex does this. A fine reticle in a FFP scope may well be hard to see.

Check this youtube view of a FFP Sightron reticle.
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 FFP reticle MH subtensions - YouTube

Yep, I forgot about that. I don't have that problem with my Veracity and SWFA.

All of my Sightron's are SFP,I never really thought about the reticle lines in their FFP scopes. You have a valid point to think about.
I think the OP would be better off with the SFP MOA-2 reticle scope.

OK so now I'm considering the night force SHV series and I also kind of liked the Leopoldo Mark 4 8.5 x 25 with the M5 turrets or am I spending way too much because the vortex Viper PST will do everything these two will for a chunk less

OK so now I'm considering the night force SHV series and I also kind of liked the Leopoldo Mark 4 8.5 x 25 with the M5 turrets or am I spending way too much because the vortex Viper PST will do everything these two will for a chunk less

I seriously considered the SHV before going with the SWAFA HD and the Vortex Viper PST line before deciding on the Burris Veracity ... and couldn't be any happier.

I looked into the swfa but they were back ordered and I don't want to wait a month so I made the decision and ordered the nightforce shv in 5-20x56 with a moar reticle I think I'll be happy with that I know it's a second focal plane but being honest with myself I'll hardly ever be under 20x and it's a nightforce.

I looked into the swfa but they were back ordered and I don't want to wait a month so I made the decision and ordered the nightforce shv in 5-20x56 with a moar reticle I think I'll be happy with that I know it's a second focal plane but being honest with myself I'll hardly ever be under 20x and it's a nightforce.

That's all it matters, happy safe shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts