Scope Selection

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Blacktail, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Blacktail

Blacktail Well-Known Member

I have a 7mm STW I had built and havent had much of an opportunity to shoot much distacne killed a few deer out to 350 with it. I switched to a leu 4.5-14-40 CDS and had the opportunity to shoot 500 yards and tried the turret after a couple windage corrections was pretty happy. unfortunately i realized anything past 500 yards would probably need more magnification. What scope would u guys suggest? i was kicking around the huskemaw idea but kind of pricy and heavy compared to leupolds the gun is at 9 pounds scoped now like to keep it close to that maybe a cds in a 16 or 18 power? throwing the 14 on my .270. thnx

2. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

6.5-20 Zeiss Conquest

3. moombaskier

moombaskier Well-Known Member

I have had very good luck with 2 Bushnell 4200 6-24 Tactical scopes. 1 is on my 7LRM and another is on a 300RUM. Both rifles have brakes. The scopes track perfectly, maintain their zero, and have had zero other issues. I also recently purchased a Vortex PST 4-16 and can say I'd buy another if that's all the magnification I wanted.

4. Kaboom

Kaboom Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for the Leopold VX6 4 x 24 with B&C recticle, yes it's a little pricey but you will never wish you had more or less magnification.