Scope Rings for Western Hunting Rifle

The Vortex matched rings are made by Seekins and Seekins are one of my favorites rings regardless of whose stamp is on them, I often find the "Veekins" on ebay for less than $100
vortex.jpg
vortexx.png

Get something good that you trust. This isn't the area to skimp to try and save an OZ or two. A solid scope connection is critical.

1 less round of ammo, or many other small things can save you the weight you might keep to get a more robust scope mount option.

I have become a fan of the Seekins and DNZ mounts as of late.

Get something good that you trust. This isn't the area to skimp to try and save an OZ or two. A solid scope connection is critical.

1 less round of ammo, or many other small things can save you the weight you might keep to get a more robust scope mount option.

I have become a fan of the Seekins and DNZ mounts as of late.
The DNZ four screw one piece mount has a lot of surface area and is very light, liking it on a 6.5x284 March rig

If you want to put it on a rail Hawkins or Warne, otherwise I'd go with the horizontal split Talley's. I never use anything vertical split I don't know why but that seems like what I'd put on a .177 pellet gun.

I have been using Burris ***-align rings on almost everything except where an odd mount is needed. I would go with the new XTR Zee rings. They don't stress or mar the scope. I have two of the older ***-align Zee rings that hold my scope on a 45/70 Contender that companies like SSK had to make 3 and 4 ring mounts to hold the scopes.

Recent Posts