Quality Rings for hunting rifle

I'm partial to the Seekins. But have used the NF and Burris Signature rings too. You really can't go wrong with those choices.

I use Seekins rings on every rifle I own. The only other rings I would consider, is ARC M10.

20MOA and low 30mm rings will clear a 44mm objective fine with any barrel contour.

Here is a 20MOA Picatinny, Seekins 30mm "Low" (.82") rings, 3-15×50, over a Proof Sendero Light contour.

Here is the same rifle, but Seekins 30mm "Medium" (.92") rings, March 3-24×52

Manitou nailed this as far as I am concerned. After mounting 20 plus scopes in Burris Signature Zee rings with zero faults I won't use anything else. The polymer inserts eliminate scope tube marks as well.

Those hawkens precision's do look great. I went with nightforce standard duty rings, but I'd love to have a set of the hawkens on my next rifle.

Just ordered a one peice (base and rings) unit from DNZ. You can get 0 or 20 moa built in. I went with the tactical version (4 screws per ring vs 2 on the standard) with 20 moa. Really well made products and no need to worry about anything being misaligned (though I will check anyway) and damaging the scope tube since it's all one unit from the same block of aluminum. Have always had success with the DNZ products I have used and this one seems rock solid. Can't wait to get it mounted up, will share pics if ur interested. Ordered medium height for 50mm, hoping no issues with clearing the barrel.

I really like the Seekins Precision rings with a rail. Probably the best there is for the price/quality.

Hello everyone,

I just got my Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 30mm tube scope and am in need of some advice on scope mounts. I am going to use a 20 MOA rail, but I'm unsure about what rings to go with. I want to stay away from the 6 screw "tactical" ones, especially since the front tube on this scope is so short.

I've heard good things about the Burris Zee rings, what about nightforce or other brands? I'd like to keep from spending $150 on a set of rings if I can help it.

It is going on a Weatherby Vangaurd s2 in 300 weatherby, sported weight barrel. I think with the 20 MOA rail I'll be able to get away with low rings? Hopefully!

Also, I already have a set of 2 piece Talley light weight rings, but I really want the 20 MOA rail as I've come to prefer using the picatinny rail, the 20 MOA is just a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

Ditch the rail, and get you some Hawkins Precision Long Range Hybrid Rings/Bases (they have 25 MOA built in to the bases). I just put a pair on 2 of my rigs, mounted a VX-6 3-18x44 on one, and have a VX-5HD 3-15x44 on order for my other one. The low rings work perfect.

082b74d4d7cd893e36cd695830b424de.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.