Scope Recommendations

Bronc1

I am trying to figure out what scope I will put on my new custom 300 win. The bare rifle is just a hair over 8 lbs and I would like to keep weight down so I don't want to go to a heavy scope.

I have been looking at Swavorski Z5 3-18x44 or Leupold VX-6 3-18x44. I want a custom turret to shoot out to 750 yds. I need a lower power on bottom end because of hunting in timber and tighter cover. I am wondering about repeatability in these scopes. I am open to other suggestions.

look at Zeiss Victory V8 4,8-35x60. lm not a fan of 40-44 mm scopes as you cant see anything at dusk or dawn (low light). and thats the time of day when you see the most animals.

Next to my ATACR 4-16x42, I like my NXS 3.5-15x50's.

As to the extra weight of a NF, I dont care. They are tougher than nails and nothing is as repeatable as a NF. A NF won't fail you in the field.

Next to my ATACR 4-16x42, I like my NXS 3.5-15x50's.

As to the extra weight of a NF, I dont care. They are tougher than nails and nothing is as repeatable as a NF. A NF won't fail you in the field.
I agree that NF is high quality but they are too bulky in scabbards and I am trying to save some weight. I don't want to be packing a 11 lb rifle in mountains and badlands.

SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HUNTING SCOPES(not comp or warfighting)
Love my leupold vx-6hd 3x18x44 and 3x18x50 ($1300 or so @bigsupplyshops.com)
Great hunting cds zero stop turrets,(VERY REPEATABLE), and they only weigh 20 oz.
Glass is great, and illuminated for my old eyes at dusk.
Sold all my Zeiss HD5 hunting scopes which are great scopes but the new leupys are better hunting scopes IMHO.

For hunting scopes to keep the weight down I've used and like the vx5, vx6 and nightforce shv 3x10. All seem to have decent glass and have been repeatable when dialing. Sure there's a lot more but these are the ones I've had good luck with. Good luck with your quest.

I'm in the same boat as you. After looking for quite a while for a new Rifle scope I'm probably going to go with a Nightforce. I really like the new VX-6 HD's but I've had problems with a Leupold not tracking and I'm ready to move on to something reliable.
My 300 Win Mag currently weight 9 3/4 lbs with scope and sling and I want to lose some weight.
Add a Mcmillan stock and go to a Nightforce should keep the weight about the same if not a bit less.

A Nightforce with custom Kenton dial is on the horizon

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.