Scope mount help please

royinidaho

I've pretty much decided on a Ken Farrell 20 MOA base. Why? Cause Sinclair sells them and they sell good stuff. Right?

Where I haven't settled is on the rings. They'll be 30 mm and that's all I know. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.

I have some Burris Sigs w/the inserts but somehow don't figure they measure up to the rest of the mounting system???

Thanks

Roy

Roy, if you want the cheaper way out buy the Burris Extreme rings they are well worth the money. However even though they are aluminum they are heavy.

If you want to spend money there are a variety of top $ rings. I have a Badger rail and Burris Extreme rings and they seem to get along nicely. If I was going to do it all over again I probably would have gone with Seekins Precision.

Give Glen Seekins a call , probably won't get him to answer the phone but he will call you back. I have a set of his rings on one of his bases on my 260 and they are as good as any I've every used including Nightforce , Badger Ordnance , Leupold MK-4 , IOR , and USO !!! well worth the few extra dollars and cheaper than alot of those just listed.

Welcome to Seekins Precision

James,

Thanks for the link to Seekins.

I may as well go the whole Seekins route. I'll keep the $ in Idaho;)

It looks like I'm going with a 65mm end bell (56 mm objective) so I'll need to discuss ring height with Glenn to get it right the first time.

Thanks again fellas.

Roy:

If something happens and you decide to go the Farrell route, my hunting buddy has a 270 AM and uses a Farrel 20 moa base and Farrell rings and they are both good stuff. No problems whatsoever.

Just remember that typically a Farrell base tends to be higher than a different brand of the same moa dimensions.

If you go the Seekins route you will have a great setup though.;);)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.