Backpack help please

wilkup

I'm in the market for a new pack around the $500 mark. Two I'm very seriously considering are:

I really like the Metcalf by Mystery Ranch, but am curious how it compares to the Kuiu Icon Pro 5200.

I haven't tried either of them on yet, just researching and hoping to pick the brains of anyone more experienced than me at this point.

I've heard great things about Kuiu, but have yet to mess with any of their gear, only owned a few clothing items at this point.

I do high country hunts and prefer to keep things as minimal as possible when packing. Typically sleep in a bivy and only bring a set of binos, no spotter. Hikes in could be up to 15 miles and last up to a week. I need something that will carry comfortably well and stand up to a decent amount of punishment.

*Just realized this is the wrong forum and I would like help relocating it to the place it should go*

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.